Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ConnorJoyce

POLL ON OPS!

What is the best curve for stickhandling, wrist shots, and slap shots? I am a jr and really like roofing the puck top shelf/  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The more open, the higher the puck will go DUH !!!

... I can shoot higher with a yzerman jr (no loft) than I can with a sackic. It really depends on how the individual shoots.

there the samething so it could be the flex that makes you shoot higher

No, its not the flex or the stick, it is the curve. Since I did not clarify early, I was refering to a yzerman jr shoved in a senior L-2 versus a senior composite sakic. Both are about 104 flex.If you knew that, than: An yz jr is not the same thing as a sakic. The only similarities are that they are deemed mid-toe curves. maybe.

Really? No shit. Maybe you haven't quite caught on or something but we are talking about the ease of raising the puck when the curve used has more/less loft.

Well, the thread starter isn't the problem here. He's actually using damn good grammar and sentence structure compared to may people in their 20's when placed in front of a keyboard. It's just the people who think they know everything, and yet, quite obviously don't.

At your age you should focus on technique and working with your curve rather than having it do the work for you. Use what you have, or what you think you'll like. It's largely trial and error to find the right curve, since it's all personal prefrence. Work with what you currently have. Practice shooting and stickhandling daily. You'll notice much better results by the end of summer and for the rest of your career practicing and working hard than getting equipment to fill in holes in your own game.

wow, never agreed that much with you.

But don't stickhandle too much, because you don't wanna turn into a turnover machine like Kovalev or Samsonov, you gotta keep playing like Tucker. :P J/K

But don't stickhandle too much, because you don't wanna turn into a turnover machine like Kovalev or Samsonov, you gotta keep playing like Tucker. :P J/K

Damn right you do, especially if you want to score more goals than both while playing with crap linemates ;) I'm glad you're finally seeing the light Kovy.

I would be glad if you would look at Samsonov's and tucker's stats. Look at the +/- section especially. Samso is better than Tucker in pretty much all of them. Anyways, if you think Samso played with Thorton all his career, you are wrong, he was on the second line with other players.

And I think I'll stop comparing them, they are not even in the same league.

I'm just going to say one thing then I'll leave it alone. Tucker played on a team where Khavanov and Berg played regularly. Ed Belfour was the goalie. Its near impossible to expect a good +/- for forwards on that team. The only other stat that Samso is better than Tucker at is his shooting. Scoring wise, Tucker wins. He played far more with Thornton in Boston (from what I saw, which was usually around 10-15 games a year) than anyone else. In fact, I can't ever remember a time where I saw him playing on the 2nd line, but I'll admit I didn't follow them that closely.

You're right they aren't in the same league when it comes to talent. When it comes to performance and work, its obvious who wins that one.

I thought we were talking about just last year, and last year's numbers speak for themselves. Career wise, I'd be stupid to say Tucker has been a better scorer. Then again, there are many other factors I could bring up, but I'd be wasting my time. I'll leave it at this- I'll take Tucker on my team over Samso any day, and I would never even think twice about it.

I think you are right, let's just stop. haha, We'll never come to a conclusion.

I would also never think think twice about it, Samso would be in my team at 50 years old before Tucker at his prime.