Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoXish

Pick up in Chicago...

I'm going to be in Chicago for the next 3 days and I was thinking about getting in on a pick up game on tuesday at JIH -- what's the skill level like? I haven't played ina while and am still very rough on my feet -- Shoudl I bring my stuff?

Im pretty sure thats the one they crammed right downtown and its extremely cramped up! I could be wrong but im pretty sure. The rink is on the second floor witch is incredable and the lkrm's are about the size of my bathroom's.

Lately I've been playing at All Seasons ice rinks and that has been pretty good so far. I've only been tuesdays but turnout is usually good. Sometimes enough for a few lines each team for scrimage and others like last week just 8 people and no goalies. It's about 30 miles from downtown Chicago if you have the chance to get out there a tuesday or thursday.

allseasonsicerinks.com

Well, I played pick up at Johnny's this morning and must say I had a really good time. About 16 skaters and 4 goalies showed up, so we had good numbers, skills ranged from low C level to some really high quality guys, but everyone played together and just had fun. I had a really good time and met some new people... now if I only didn't have to walk 19 blocks cumulative with my beast of a bag on my shoulder =P

In Chicago they have these things called Taxi's...

Also, as I recall, that's not really a place that you want to be walking. Maybe it's alright in the morning, but not at night.

In Chicago they have these things called Taxi's...

Also, as I recall, that's not really a place that you want to be walking. Maybe it's alright in the morning, but not at night.

Hes got sticks with hooks on them, whose gona mess with him lol.

Uhh, 1350 block of Madison is far from a "bad neighborhood" -- and yeah, they have taxis, but I'm a 20 year old college student, I don't have 15$ to drop on a taxi, I'll take the walk -- excercise never hurt anyone.

Uhh, 1350 block of Madison is far from a "bad neighborhood" -- and yeah, they have taxis, but I'm a 20 year old college student, I don't have 15$ to drop on a taxi, I'll take the walk -- excercise never hurt anyone.

LOL yea, because the hockey game wasnt enough. jp

I'll give you that, the 1.5 hours of hockey made the walk back that much more difficult...

I realize that I didn't communicate that the blocks I walked were cumulative, IE: in between train rides and transfers, mostly I took the el.

I had to walk 7 blocks from my friends apt to the station, ride that for 8 stops, walk 2 blocks for a transfer, ride that for like 6 stops, walk 3 blocks N, 2 blocks west, and 3 more blocks N -- more or less...

I'll give you that, the 1.5 hours of hockey made the walk back that much more difficult...

I realize that I didn't communicate that the blocks I walked were cumulative, IE: in between train rides and transfers, mostly I took the el.

I had to walk 7 blocks from my friends apt to the station, ride that for 8 stops, walk 2 blocks for a transfer, ride that for like 6 stops, walk 3 blocks N, 2 blocks west, and 3 more blocks N -- more or less...

Holy sh*t, and I thought walking one block between rinks in Bensonville for Statewars was bad !! :o

Lol, luckily from my place it's only 1 block to the station and the line goes striaght to the last stop I need instead of transferring -- but, I think I'm getting a backpack bag to substitute my canvas duffle-style bag, which will make it easier.

Lol, luckily from my place it's only 1 block to the station and the line goes striaght to the last stop I need instead of transferring -- but, I think I'm getting a backpack bag to substitute my canvas duffle-style bag, which will make it easier.

I thought you said your only in Chicago for 3 days though.

I was in chicago from sunday-tuesday -- but I'm moving there in 2 weeks. I was up there for orientation for school. My lease starts Aug 1.