Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Attention Truck owners

I bought a truck and I want to put a tonneau cover on it. The one I really want it a Fold-A-Cover. It is a hard cover that locks the tailgate, and also folds away to leave the bed open if need be. The thing is they cost $1,000.

I have seen the vinyl kind that pull over rails that clamp to the truck. They are about $250...but, the 'gate won't lock.

I can't imagine that people would randomly be opening tail gates to see what inside, but I really do like the idea of a hard locking cover...

What do you guys have on your trucks and are there any recommendations?

My dad has a soft tonneau that he paid about $250 for. Doesn't lock the gate as you said, but that's not really why he bought it. The only durability problem has been due to our damn cats and walking on it with their claws out.

If you're paranoid about someone opening the tailgate, park with the back up to a bush or something like that.

Personally, I'd go hard just for the looks, but only if you can justify the 400% increase in cost.

I have a hard one(fiberglass), it was expensive and it does lock... BUT the locks are a false sense of security because if someone wants something in there they can easily get it. I like mine and wouldn't want a soft cover, plus it gets me out of having to help move people :P

I have a hard one(fiberglass), it was expensive and it does lock... BUT the locks are a false sense of security because if someone wants something in there they can easily get it. I like mine and wouldn't want a soft cover, plus it gets me out of having to help move people :P

lol

helping people