Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grave77Digger

Just had my teeth KO'd

my advice would be to get the impants too.. I have two in my fronts. Way stronger than bridges which I hear break fairly easily.. you prob won't feel comfortable eating apples or crab anymore but they do feel sturdier than bridges.

Insurance doesn't pay for the implants but if you keep the receipts from the dentist you'll at least be able to use it as a tax deduction.. at least you can in Canada. On top of that, talk to your dentist and convince him to preaprove everything. The implants arn't covered by insurance BUT the crowns they put onto of the implants generally ARE.

And get it done QUICKLY. The faster you get the procedures done, the fewer complications you'll have. When your jaw bone is missing teeth, the bone that was there remodels itself and shrinks because there's no more teeth there. But once you get implants in there, the bone stablaizes and doesn't shrink anymore. The longer you wait, the less bone there will be and you'll need to have bone graft surgery where they harvest bone from the top of your mouth and move it to the area they want to reinforce.. I had to do this.. unpleasant and delays the whole proceedure. If you have a bridge then later go to impants, they'll likey have to do bone grafts.. especially if you have two teeth knocked out next to each other like I did..

another thing that annoyed me was the gums.. they don't heal like you want them to.. the longer you wait, the higher up they'll stay.. and you'll end up with a gap.. I had to put in pink ceramic between my teeth to make it look like my gums came down like normal.. I'm lucky I have a low lip line too so when I smile you can't see the gap.. :D