Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoXish

Wow... our goalie is sooooo lame...

So, I play in a rec roller league and we had a game today -- we have 5 skaters and our goalie, our goalie is kind of outspoken and has a bit of a hot head.

Anyway, he brought these 2 kids to play with us since we were short, we were playing the manager of the rinks' team and he was flipping out saying the ringers couldn't play because we didn't ask and all this stuff, which is completely understandable, we were cool with that. Justin, the goalie, on the other hand was pissed, he was SCREAMING at Opy and yelling and barking and just being a little baby, he had his mask up during play and was just screaming at the bench... he ended up going "eff this, if they can't play, I'm not playing..."

He literally skated off the rink IN THE MIDDLE OF PLAY. Are you effing kidding me? What a little baby, to leave his team hanging like that. We had 5 skaters... the score was tied 2-2 like... 6 minutes into the game. So we pull the 5th player out, play the last 40 minutes of the game with no subs and no goalie, ended up losing 11-5...

But, as you guys may guess, Justin isn''t welcome on our team and if he shows up next week he's getting some pretty firm words. The thing is, the dude is an adult... he's like 28 and he teaches these goalie clinics and stuff... what a teacher, I would hate to see how his students end up.

He literally undressed and we saw him leaving while we were playing... what a little bitch.

Excuse my anger.

This reminds me of the time 2 of my teammates and I literally made a guy stop playing goal altogether one night. A bunch of us rent out an ice rink every friday night and I had brought down these 2 guys from my roller team, so we were skating together as a line. Everybody that skates there knows eachother, and for the most part we're friendly with eachother.

So this one night we were just on fire- shellacking the goalie. He's usually a loudmouth, yelling out at the other goalie whenever his team scored, and yelling at shooters whenever he made a save. On one shift we scored like 3 goals on him, the last one being a pretty backhander top corner. He took off his gloves and mask, yelled at his bench and stormed off to the locker room with like half an hour left to play.

The next week, he had sold his pads to this kid that was pretty horrible playing out, and the new goalie was actually better than the original, and the old goalie is a better skater than the other guy. Kinda ironic.

I feel your pain, our RH playoffs were about 2 weeks ago, our regular goalie tells us 3 days before he can't come due to work, fair enough, so the next day I phoned another goalie he said he would come play for us, only thign was he might need a ride. I told him if he did need a ride to call me back gameday morning and I would drive him. I didn't receive any phonecall so I went to the rink to find out he wasnt coming because he didnt have any gear. Funny how he failed to mention that when he commited to play for us........ long story short we were upset by the lower seed because we played the entire game with 5 skaters and no goalie....what a way to end the inline season.

I feel your pain, our RH playoffs were about 2 weeks ago, our regular goalie tells us 3 days before he can't come due to work, fair enough, so the next day I phoned another goalie he said he would come play for us, only thign was he might need a ride. I told him if he did need a ride to call me back gameday morning and I would drive him. I didn't receive any phonecall so I went to the rink to find out he wasnt coming because he didnt have any gear. Funny how he failed to mention that when he commited to play for us........ long story short we were upset by the lower seed because we played the entire game with 5 skaters and no goalie....what a way to end the inline season.

at least you can say you didn't have a goalie....in our game last week our goalie showed up but for some reason didn't feel like stopping ANYTHING....it was ridiculous...we lost 14-4...but at least he didn't storm off