Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garbagegoal

replacing wheels

I currently have Mission D3 skates with a 72/80 setup and want to replace the wheels. My question is, if I go with Rink Rats do I need to go 74/76 or something similar and what would be the difference from the 72/80 setup be? I play on Sportcourt 3-4 times a week and my stock Labeda wheels aren't cutting it anymore.

Thanks.

I looked on Epuck for Rink Rat 72/80's and they didn't have them, I also heard that there are better setups for my size 5'11" 200, and surface Sportcourt, but I really don't know what they are or the benefits if I was to switch to them.

I would think you would still need that 8 mm gap between wheel sizes to keep the wheels in contact as much as they are right now, I'm not sure if altering the wheels size will make a difference I just feel uneasy changing the set-up like that, but thats person prefrence. I wouldn't just "settle" for something if your looking to spend this much on wheels. Take your time and get exactly what you want.

ive heard of people sizing down their wheels before. from what i remember, they thought it helped lower their centre of gravity and their turning. i imagine tho, that the change in wheel size will throw off your balance because the back wheels step down 4mm and the front ones only 2 mm. it would be a backward lean.

if you go to inlinewarehouse.com they have rink rats. all sizes

rink rat= :lol:

gripper lites= :angry:

and they have both durometers... hard and soft. I just got my set in the mail from them this morning. They're a great shop.

I currently have Mission D3 skates with a 72/80 setup and want to replace the wheels. My question is, if I go with Rink Rats do I need to go 74/76 or something similar and what would be the difference from the 72/80 setup be? I play on Sportcourt 3-4 times a week and my stock Labeda wheels aren't cutting it anymore.

Thanks.

It's not the set up, it's just the wheels....and if you went to 76/74, you would end up with just two wheels touching the floor so even less grip, and more wheel failures(too much load on the touching wheels), as well as all the other problems mentioned in here. Try the Rink Rats and you should solve your problems. They are the same set ups..80/72. I think maybe you are confusing the wheels sizes whith the durometers. Rink Rat Wheels offer dual durometers of 78 62 and 76 62 I believe, which may be what you are thinking of. The wheels are still 80/72 mm's. in diameter.

The other set up being promoted by Mission has been to go to 68/76(same size differential of 8mm), for a more "nimble" feel, but I would be afraid that when cornering hard, the boot sides would start to touch the floor(because there is less space between the wheel bottom and the sole edges) and you would start to slip more. My son wears out his boots like that even with 80/72's. Unless they go with a much wider wheel shoulder.

It's not the set up, it's just the wheels....and if you went to 76/74, you would end up with just two wheels touching the floor so even less grip, and more wheel failures(too much load on the touching wheels), as well as all the other problems mentioned in here. Try the Rink Rats and you should solve your problems. They are the same set ups..80/72. I think maybe you are confusing the wheels sizes whith the durometers. Rink Rat Wheels offer dual durometers of 78 62 and 76 62 I believe, which may be what you are thinking of. The wheels are still 80/72 mm's. in diameter.

I thought he was talking about the inner core's durameter at first as well, but he was referring to the wheel sizes because Epuck seems to be out of the 80mm Hornets (didn't check the hotshots)

Sorry, I meant the size of the wheels not the durometer. One other question--should I get new bearings when I get the Rink Rats? I have ABEC 7's in the stock Labedas. They have not been a problem but I was just wondering if they would be fine with the Rink Rats. ( I don't know too much about this stuff in case you couldn't tell.)