Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bane

He950 durability?

I bought He950 skates last year and now they seem to have broken down. They have lost their stiffness to the point that they feel like they are going to fall off. Is this kind of wear normal for these skates? I have only played hockey once a week during the time I have owned them.

Now I am looking at new skates... Are the He10000 skates any better in the durability department?

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

I am bit disappointed, since I have really only 60 or so games in them. My Mission D1 skates lasted two years, playing two to three times a week.

Thanks for the response.

I am bit disappointed, since I have really only 60 or so games in them. My Mission D1 skates lasted two years, playing two to three times a week.

You were lucky then!

My D1's lasted about 6 months.

After the terrible experience with the D1 (yes Ash, the sole separated and cracked and peeled) I went with Tour skates. I am, however, seriously thinking about the new Wicked line. Looks pretty sweet.

don't wanna Hi-jack the thread... but figured this plays into the durability question... The top eyelet of my He950's just ripped out(metal grommet part)..

is this covered in the warranty at all, or do i just need to deal?

thanks in advance for the reply guys/gals

eric

Funny, I also had the grommet rip out near one of the eyelets. I wasn't going to warranty them until this happened:

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

The thing that sucks is that Hockey Monkey told me that I have to pay shipping both ways! Also, being that I busted the Mg chassis, I don't want to go to Aluminum. That means that the cheapest replacement I can get is the 10000, which will cost me another 130 bucks.

Funny, I also had the grommet rip out near one of the eyelets. I wasn't going to warranty them until this happened:

The thing that sucks is that Hockey Monkey told me that I have to pay shipping both ways! Also, being that I busted the Mg chassis, I don't want to go to Aluminum. That means that the cheapest replacement I can get is the 10000, which will cost me another 130 bucks.

Hey, check out the sprung thread.

We can fix that easy. Our current model frames break some time same as alloy, when they're wall smashed badly, but the part can be replaced in a few minutes without having to remove the frames and the time and the shipping, etc.

Plus you get ice blade performance on the court.

You can buy them on the Sprung site!

my top eyelets just ripped on my he950 and i contacted mission directly and they sent me a pair of 10000's for free. i had to pay for the 950's to ship there but they paid for the 10000's to ship.

my top eyelets just ripped on my he950 and i contacted mission directly and they sent me a pair of 10000's for free. i had to pay for the 950's to ship there but they paid for the 10000's to ship.

Sweet, I will do the same. Can you PM me the contact info you used? Cheers.

After the terrible experience with the D1 (yes Ash, the sole separated and cracked and peeled) I went with Tour skates. I am, however, seriously thinking about the new Wicked line. Looks pretty sweet.

What Tour skates do you skate on and how do you find em?

I had these skates and used them for 11 months or something.. I broke the eyelet for my laces just once. After that I broke the chassis on the exact same spot as the pictures in this topic.. I liked the skates and use them for 5-7 times a week, after a year I really need some new skates.

After the terrible experience with the D1 (yes Ash, the sole separated and cracked and peeled) I went with Tour skates.  I am, however, seriously thinking about the new Wicked line.  Looks pretty sweet.

What Tour skates do you skate on and how do you find em?

I currently have a pair of Tour Beemers, but I had Silvermaxes previously. The silvers had a pretty weak outsole, and cracked on me and two teammates. When I sent them to Tour, I told them that I'd prefer to step up to a Beemer and they sold me the Beemers for $150, at a time when they were still going for around $400.

I had loved the silvermaxes, but the Beemer stepped it up to a new level. They are by far the best performing skate I have ever worn. Nearly 2 years later, they're just now showing their age, as the outsole has separated slightly from one of the boots. This is after playing mostly outdoor anywhere from 3-5 times a week. I epoxied it, and it seems to be holding up just fine. It's a wide, deep boot, which is perfect for my foot. The Hum'er chassis is awesome, and rolling on all 80's makes replacing wheels a lot less complicated. Without a doubt, my next pair of skates will be Tours. I'm looking to pick up a pair of Code 1s soon.

I just purchased a set of tour code 1's while waiting for mission to replace my he950. They are the best skates hands down. I have skated on hi lo set up all my life and it only took a good pick up session to get used to it. once the mission 10000's come in im thinking about selling them b/c from this point on im just sticking with tour skates. Like every one else said the quality of the skate is great, you maintain more speed b/c of the 80mm wheels and the turning does not take long to adjust. Tour skates are great.