Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dpark

Pads?

Hi, my brother starts hockey next season as a goalie. Well... since I'm not a goalie, I don't have any idea which pads are good. any suggestions?

oh, I thinks that he's looking for

CCM Vecter

RBK

Bauer

thanks.

they are all nice pads like cbj30 said it all depends on what he wants the pro protection or if he wants to go with something like the 6.0 5k or the XX. From what i have heard and tried the RBk knee strap is really loose and the pad is made in one piece so it is more stiff. i have also heard that they didnt rotat as well. The vectors are also a one piece and rotate well but they have durability issues like the the rbk. The vapors have a tighter fight and are more of a tradition or pro fly pad. it is also has seperate parts so they have more flex to the pad.

First of all I think it depends on how much he wants to spend. But in my opinion...buying slightly better equipement makes the game a little more enjoyable, knowing that you're going to be well protected and comfortable.

I'd also suggest used...never buy new for first timers.

My favorites are still Vaughn Velocity, Smith & RBKs.