Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shagel

Broken Ribs

I got a "compression strip" from my Dr-It was like a super stiff Ace bandage about 10 inches wide-They still hurt like a bitch but didnt move around much.

Go ahead-laugh....I dare you

all that you can do is wrap them tight. Don't sneeze, fart, cough, laugh, or crap to hard because it hurts like HELL.

Nothing else you can really do.

Last year I had cracked ribs, a mild case of bronchitis (the coughing certainly made it suck that much more) AND a game against our biggest rival all at the same time...

...oh, yeah: I played in the game (sat two after, though).

Not sure what you're doing right now (summer league, beer league, training camp, etc.), but in my opinion it all depends on your situation. If you can miss a few games without it being the end of the world, then I would sit-out for awhile and try to get healthy.

Edit:

If you play: The pain definitely blows. You'll feel it a bit while you're on the ice (obviously, adrenaline will kill it a little). Depending on the intensity of the game, it may or may not get much worse when you're on the bench. Your range of motion will suffer, and every movement from shooting a puck to battling in-front of the net to hopping the boards is potential torture. Pop a couple asprin, wrap-up good and tight and just play the game the way you normally would - holding back is a good way to get yourself killed.