Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cook22

calf wedge

It is a wedge shaped piece stitched into the pad below the knee cradle on the inner leg.

It improves stability while in the butterfly position and keeps pads squared to the shooter...

vpg7000-3.jpg

Well it is kind of a loaded question. Because you can have a calf wing without a calf wedge (koho etc.), you can have a calf wedge without a calf wing (old heatons etc.) you can have two piece calf wedge and calf wing (bauer xxx etc) or you can have a one piece integrated calf wedge and wing (I think Simmons, Lightspeed some others do this)...

The calf wedge (in it's truest sense) primarily forces your leg to remain properly positioned within the leg channel while in a butterfly position.

The calf wing (in it's truest sense) primarily provides a way to reduce ice friction and allows you to "slide" while in a butterfly position.

wingwedge.jpg

hope this helps...

yea but i saw a pro return vaughn pad from Corey Schwab (NJD) and the calf wedge was incroprated into the calf wing so ovbiously pros gets what they want. I have that kind of calf wedge on my 05' mission motion pads.

can people get different kinds of calf wedges when they order new custom v2's?

yea but i saw a pro return vaughn pad from Corey Schwab (NJD) and the calf wedge was incroprated into the calf wing so ovbiously pros gets what they want. I have that kind of calf wedge on my 05' mission motion pads.

can people get different kinds of calf wedges when they order new custom v2's?

You can get whatever you want....How deep are your pockets? If you are willing to 1) pay and 2) wait...they'll make just about anything.

sorry not deep enough... i'll just blow up vaughn plant and grab one of the pro returns and run for it but that's just a fantasy :rolleyes: i'll stick with what i have and get whatever i want when i get to college for now