Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gee2626

Floating spacers question

I just bought a set of Bones Swiss (skateboard) bearings, and they came with a set of floating spacers. However, these spacers are a lot thinner than regular floating spacers, and it just doesn't seem right when I skate on these thinner spacers.

Am I just being paranoid or should I get a set of regular floating spacers (shown below)?

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=SFBS

I have spacers that look just like that and they work fine. I got some with my Red Star frames and then Tour includes them with bearings when you buy skates (I bought the Code 1s and BlueMaxs). Unless I'm missing something, I think they should be ok. They tend to move around freely in most of the wheels I use, so you might hear a "Clacking" noise.

They might be skateboarding spacers if they are really a lot thinner than the regular floating spacers.

Yeah, I don't know anything about skateboarding stuff. If there's a difference, I don't know it. That's why I said they "look" like the ones I have. You did get them from a skateboarding store...

I decided to go to my lhs and get a set of regular floating spacers.

I've taken a picture of the difference in thickness.

pict0390tp8.th.jpg

I was told the thinner ones are just for skateboards, but it seems like it would still work

Mini bearings? I've never purchased Bones Swiss, but those are some odd floatng spacers. The floating spacers I'm accustomed to look like those except they have a ring in the middle to stabilize it in the center of the wheel and make it easier to put in.

Nope not mini bearings. The look like the mini bearing floating spacers, but a few mm shorter. These spacers was all that my lhs had.

Yea, those are standard tubular floating spacers. Some brands use those, others use the tour kind. You definitely don't the tube style as much anymore, though