Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dante2004

Any electricians on here?

We have a condo (rental unit) and the hot water heater just failed. This was replaced by our association while we were out of town. This made me mad because I would have done the work myself, but that is another issue.

The hot water heater (elec) and A/C unit are in a utility closet together (A/C on top). The power cable that runs to the water heater now runs in front of the A/C unit and you cannot remove the filter from the A/C unit to change it. I was told by the plumbing company that did the install that this "isn't their problem"...call an electrician.

My question...is there an electric code (NFPA? or other) that requires appliance power cords to be run in conduit, or concealed in the wall? This cord literally comes through a hole in the wall, runs about 2 feet down (from the hole) and about a foot to the right (right in the middle of the closet) in front of the A/C unit to the top of the water heater. This is kind of hard to explain without a picture...sorry. It seems to me like this could be a safety issue.

Thanks.