Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeytim18

Which skate?

I'm wondering what Mission skate would be better. The 9500 or the Wicked 7? The thing i'd be worried about is people having problems breaking in the Wickeds. Right now I have Mission HE550s.

I'm wondering what Mission skate would be better. The 9500 or the Wicked 7? The thing i'd be worried about is people having problems breaking in the Wickeds. Right now I have Mission HE550s.

you should get whatever fits best

hockeygiant.com 9500 for $199

look at the specs on the 9500 then the specs on the wicked 7

apart from the 7 being MAYBE lighter, the 9500's kill it. and from experience, the boot is way more comfortable

i'd go for a high end skate from last year over a mid-low ender from this year any day of the week.

the 7 still looks like a pretty good skate though.

9500s come with minis and MB816s, but the 7s have the new vanguard hi-lo.

I'd say try ém on and see what feels better on your foot.

If all else fails, flip a coin.

riotgear makes a good point.. if you spend the money on the ones you wont need another pair ever.. but also the 9500s are great in the stiffness department so if your not willing on spending the money you will definently get a longgggggg time outta your 9500s.. i have them right now

Yes there are no great hockey roller stores in PGH. Maybe a weekend trip to BFLO to go to Great Skate? Just 3.5 hrs

why not just order off the net? it's a non-tax transaction. you'll end up saving money. mission boot size runs equal to shoe size. the cost of driving 3.5 hours to get skates................. may as well put that money INTO the skates you're buying and upgrade to the wicked 3's

why not just order off the net? it's a non-tax transaction. you'll end up saving money. mission boot size runs equal to shoe size. the cost of driving 3.5 hours to get skates................. may as well put that money INTO the skates you're buying and upgrade to the wicked 3's

Our skates do not fit the same as shoe size. Most of the time it is one full size down.

as for 9500 vs. Wicked 7's....9500 kills it...

I am all for buying from your local dealer, but in your case, where there is no store close, I would recommend buying online.

hockeygiant.com 9500 for $199

look at the specs on the 9500 then the specs on the wicked 7

apart from the 7 being MAYBE lighter, the 9500's kill it. and from experience, the boot is way more comfortable

I completly agree. The 9500's are the lightest skates I have ever used. I could really tell when I skated on them. Although I'm sure both will be light in this case. The 9500's are also sooo comfy. I wouldnt skate on anything else.

since the 9500's are the equivalent of this year's Wicked 3, it's a much better buy than the Wicked 7 since price is the same.

why not just order off the net? it's a non-tax transaction. you'll end up saving money. mission boot size runs equal to shoe size. the cost of driving 3.5 hours to get skates.................  may as well put that money INTO the skates you're buying and upgrade to the wicked 3's

Our skates do not fit the same as shoe size. Most of the time it is one full size down.

as for 9500 vs. Wicked 7's....9500 kills it...

I am all for buying from your local dealer, but in your case, where there is no store close, I would recommend buying online.

weird, i've always worn missions the same size as my shoe and they have been perfect.

you may also wanna inform hockeygiant, monkey and the other stores that have the mission size chart as equal to shoe size :/

sorry for the misinformation.......

p.s. justin the 1's are sick ! finally working for me. the cornering is superb when the boot is laced to the 3rd from the top eyelet. Just ordered the wicked 1 pants to go with them :)

Alright it sounds like the 9500 is what i'll get. Thanks especially to Justin. 1. for making the sweetest roller skates. 2. your advice. Haven't heard from you in a while so didn't expect anything from you but thanks a ton. As to the sizing I just want to make sure especially because of people feeling uncomfortable moving to the wickeds and i'm only in a HE550's now. So I know they're gonna feel stiff.

Thanks guys.