Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

--notorious

Ballhockey in Vaughan/GTA

i ment leagues. Theres nothing on their site about leagues

did you try clicking on the ball hockey link on the left frame? there's signup info and everything. a friendly warning in case you do sign up for the league at the ultimate sports center.. they got great wings so you might be spending an additional $10-$20 on top of the signup fee.

oh. for info on the rinx league, check out ycbhl.com.. but if the ultimate sports center isn't too far from where you live, i recommend playing there instead of the rinx. the ultimate sports center has a much better surface and a higher ceiling.

In my opinion, both terrible places to play.

I've been playing ball hockey in the GTA for the last 7 years, and Rinx is by far the WORST location. Low ceiling, dark as hell.

Ultimate Sport Centre isn't that much better. The SportCourt is nice, but bumpy as hell, and it's cold. Damn dome. The showers suck too.

And if you're under 18, you gotta wear a full cage.

Phil

I've been playing ball hockey in the GTA for the last 7 years, and Rinx is by far the WORST location. Low ceiling, dark as hell.

Ultimate Sport Centre isn't that much better. The SportCourt is nice, but bumpy as hell, and it's cold. Damn dome. The showers suck too.

Phil

Oh i dont mind the cage. But where do you play then? Im just looking for some good competition.

I've been playing ball hockey in the GTA for the last 7 years, and Rinx is by far the WORST location.  Low ceiling, dark as hell.

Ultimate Sport Centre isn't that much better.  The SportCourt is nice, but bumpy as hell, and it's cold.  Damn dome.  The showers suck too.

Phil

not to mention the atroscious crack in the centre of the rink which the ball has skipped over my blade on more than one occassionon one timers. At Rinx

But where do you play then? Im just looking for some good competition.

I'd wait for the summer. Nothing good goes on in the winter. Everyone who plays competitively in the summer will be on ice in the winter. If you're looking for it, try to play someing like Tier 3 or 2. Anything lower will be a complete waste of time.

And I have so many good and bad memories of Rinx. Qualifying for Tier 3 provincials there 4 years ago, my buddy getting kicked out of a game all hammered, poking his head through the dressing room ceiling and cussing out the ref then "Going Out In Style". Another friend tore his ACL there. Lost plenty of blood in that rink too. God, I hate that place.

Phil