Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phomp

RBK 7K vs Vapor XX Pads

Hey guys heres the low down, (First post here).

Im about 5"10, 135 pounds pretty small dude. I currently and using Hespeler A9's. Do not really like them to much. I like to go down a lot on the buttlerfly. Now a lot of pucks are beating me in the five hole with these things.

I know my size is a 33". Ive narrowed my pad search down to the RBK 7K's or the Vapor XX. I am looking for a light weight pad that will cover up my five hole better and be flatter to the ice all around, more so than my A'9s. Im also finding that my knees are hitting the ice once in a while so I tried wearing them a little tighter but that was to stiff and uncomfortable.

I do have skinny legs and looking for a new pad. So its come down to these 2 pads, what would you guys recommend. I am going to try on both at the store soon I hope.

I play a few times a week, nothing to serious. I also will prob. grab the matching blocker and glove. Right now Im using Bauer Supreme's blocker and catcher, Adult size and im finding its a little big for my hand but junior and intermidiate are to small.

Any suggestions guys, Thanks in advance. Any other info that is need just ask :D

I would go with the 7K's. From when I tried out the XX equipment, I didn't like it one bit, just felt cheap, pads and gloves. I would even reccomend the 5k's, still a great pad for the cost. A kid that plays in the same league I play in, A to A- level, uses them and has had no problems.

Well I went with the Vapor Pads but I got the pro stock model. I posted pictures in the other thread.

But I do have to get a blocker and glove to match. I think I am going to get the RBK 7k Blue blocker/glove to match.

i will be selling my eagles which are in all weave blue/sliver/white soon for the right price... is ur pads navy blue or royal blue weave?

Hey guys heres the low down, (First post here).

Im about 5"10, 135 pounds pretty small dude. I currently and using Hespeler A9's. Do not really like them to much. I like to go down a lot on the buttlerfly. Now a lot of pucks are beating me in the five hole with these things.

I know my size is a 33". Ive narrowed my pad search down to the RBK 7K's or the Vapor XX. I am looking for a light weight pad that will cover up my five hole better and be flatter to the ice all around, more so than my A'9s. Im also finding that my knees are hitting the ice once in a while so I tried wearing them a little tighter but that was to stiff and uncomfortable.

I do have skinny legs and looking for a new pad. So its come down to these 2 pads, what would you guys recommend. I am going to try on both at the store soon I hope.

I play a few times a week, nothing to serious. I also will prob. grab the matching blocker and glove. Right now Im using Bauer Supreme's blocker and catcher, Adult size and im finding its a little big for my hand but junior and intermidiate are to small.

Any suggestions guys, Thanks in advance. Any other info that is need just ask :D

Hey ummm your 5 10 and you say you need a 33, are you sure on that because im a 5 7ish and i can wear a 34 and it fits me fine. Most guys your height would be like a 35-36 inch pad especially butterfly where you want a bigger pad to get the better close in the five hole. I woudl reccomend the RBK pad though just based on the fact its a nice butterlfy pad with good range of motion and everything. its also well made