Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Easton Synergy Gloves

open for review. Do not forget to notify a mod once you have submitted your review so he can approve it.

Easton Synergy Gloves

Black/Red, 15"

Fit- These gloves are a snug fit which I like, I fidn them an in-between of ealges(too loose) and nike quests(too tight). There is alot of mobility in the cuff and the composite thumb I like. However there is an air-bladder right on the top of the hand which requires gettign used too. 9/10 (1 point off for the air-bladder requiring tog et used, I like it though)

Break in- These gloves coem with a heat moldable option but I didnt do that. These gloves are basically broken in strsight out of the box. After my first sakte they were perfect. 10/10

Protection- These gloves have unbeleivable protection. I've taken many hard slasges to the hand and have barely felt it, the air-bladder really coushins the impact. 10/10

Weight- These things are light as hell, when i'm on the ice i barely fell as if there is anything on my hands, its like werain a pillow, you do have to get used to how light they are. 10/10

Durability- I haven't noticed any problems yet with the durability of the glove and iv had them for over a month playing 4-5 tmes a week full contact. 10/10

Intangables- These gloves are amazing. I think that there should be more colour combinations more readily available. I personally like the air-bladder but I cna see why some people wont. You ahve to get used to it(it took me a few minutes). Besides that great overall glove. But they are pretty expensive. 8/10 for the colours readaly available and for the price

Conclusion- I'm gettign really bored now so i'm gonna sum these up with one word: UNBELIEVABLE. If you ahve any questions regarding these gloves, PM me.

Overall rating: 9/10

Easton Synergy SE6 gloves, 14", black

Bought these as a replacement for my cheapo $30 Mission gloves I had bought. Butt end of my stick ended up tearing a hole in the Mission's palm.

Fit: I bought these after trying on a bunch of different gloves. What I liked about my Mission's was the palm was pretty light and thin, and it just felt nice to me. I tried to find a glove that matched that feeling. Price was a factor for me which ruled out some higher end gloves, but I really did like the feel of these gloves. Plus they had features that gloves twice the price had; double-layered palm, and they were vinyl/leahter/pleather or w/e the stuff is. They fit nicely to my hands. Some were too loose or too bulky, with these being a little in between. The double layered Nash palm feels a little thick at first, but when you get used to it, it's no problem. It probably felt thick because my Mission's were single layered Nash. 8/10

Break in: Like I said, they felt pretty bulky at first. After a few hours they started to loosen up, and I started to get used to them. I was worried about losing the feel of my stick, sort of like driving with work boots on, but it wasn't a problem. One thing though is before they got broken in, they were rubbing on the knuckle of my thumb. Nothing painful, and it didn't cause any blisters. I only noticed it because I saw some light chafing there. Now that they're broken in however, I love them. 9/10

Protection: (Un)fortunately I can't really comment on this, because I haven't been hacked at very much with these on. Or maybe I have been and I just didn't notice it. I play low level rec league, so I really don't get hit much. The way they're made though, I would imagine they'll take a bit of abuse before you start to feel it. Hard for me to give this one a rating, really.

Weight: These aren't heavy by any means, but they're probably not the lightest glove out there. Regardless, I don't notice them when I'm playing. They might be lighter if they were nylon, but I didn't want nylon gloves. 8/10

Durability: One of the deciding factors for me to buy these gloves was the double Nash palm. It was overlayed with a black layer right where my Missions broke through at, and I didn't want this to happen again. Unfortunately it did. Only through the top layer though. It's not really a sign of weakness from the gloves though. The stick I have is rough at the top from I think being cut down at some point. I didn't put a butt end on my stick, and the corner of the stick obviously rubs through the palm layers. I put a few extra layers of tape at the top, and it hasn't got any worse. Other than that, these glove still look brand new. I can't really fault them too bad, since I suspected my stick was what caused my old Missions to tear in the palm. 8/10

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair of these. They were pretty cheap ($65) for the features they have. Plus they look cool, and are available in a decent range of colors.