Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhMyGodImOnFire

Bearings

Bones are not ABEC rated. There's been multiple threads on ABEC vs Skate rated/non rated bearings, so I'd search if you want more info on that.

Basically though, ABEC is used by the engineering community for mechanical load properties whereas skate rated are designed for skating loads. I replaced the Abec 9's on my Wicked 7's with Reds, and the Reds are superior. If you can dish the doubled price tag, get the Super 6 or regular Swiss. I've found nothing better than standard Bones Swiss in the last 10 yrs, and skaters from across every discipline (hockey, speed, figure, quad, skateboarders, etc.) love them. Don't get hung up on ABEC ratings and just buy the best you can afford. Remember that ABEC rating also has nothing to do with quality or materials, just the engineering and design.

I am looking to replace my abec 7 micro bearings with a better micro bearing for the ccm pf 10's. thanks for your help.

I am looking to replace my abec 7 micro bearings with a better micro bearing for the ccm pf 10's. thanks for your help.

BSB swiss or titanium minis. Bones does not make any mini bearings.

BSB swiss or titanium minis. Bones does not make any mini bearings.

inlinewarehouse.com has the titanium minis for $40 right now.

not sure if that's a good deal, just threw it out in case :P

so what would be the best mini bearings (688) out there? so far i was thinking of either BSB swiss or titanium. any significant differences between the two?

also have any of you guys used the brand called "Twincam" bearings? cuz i used to have a set on my old nike quest 1 inline skates and these bearing lasted me at least 4 years! and it still spun very well.

btw awesome thread on bearings :D

Twincam bearings were big in speed skating about 10 yrs ago, haven't really seen much of them since. Decent bearings though.