Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattzilla

Thinking about buying new skates...

hey

im thinking about buying new skates, ive had my eyes on the new mission wicked 1's but theyre pretty new and i havent read anything but the stuff released by mission. ( keep in mind i'd be getting them realllly cheap)

should i go in a different direction? buy a pair of 8K's and put some inline chassis on there?

i just dont feel like dropping a bunch of money on garbage.

help me out :)

Wait for the new tour skates, in stores in spring

well, i cant think of anystores on my island ( vancouver island, bc )that carry tour, or even graf...

my brother skates on grafs, and my other brother uses NEXED and nobody has even heard of either of the two.

i need skates ASAP, the old missions im using are falling apart, and the only way im gonna be able to use them is to get leatherwork done to the top eyelids.

so the chances of me finding tour around here is slim to none, and ive always liked the fit of missions... but i was just wondering if anyone had tried them, or even have a pair.

also, really the only place in town that carries higher end rollerhockey stuff is the proshop of the local arena, and seeing as how the arena is owned by gerry st cyr they only carry mission, rink rat, and those lame trilagy sticks. ( the triangle ones)

one of the few perks of my job of managing a sporting good store is that i can order stuff direct from companies, usually at a pretty discounted price.

if i had my way, we'd carry more inline stuff... but we dont... at least not yet

There are numerous posts on the new wicked line of skates.

Search: "Wicked 1"

Long story short- very light and responsive. VERY stiff. The 1 and 3 have caused ankle pain during break in period, but this is due to stiffness, which should allow the skates to last a long long time. Some people have had trouble adjusting to the new vanguard hi-lo (80-80-76-76 setup, not 80-72) but most say it was a minor adjustment and the transition was complete in just a few skates.

There's likely more info out there, this is just what I recall from reading on here. Tool around with some of the other thread on the wickeds to find any more info you want.

well, i cant think of anystores on my island ( vancouver island, bc )that carry tour, or even graf...

Hey Matt, I'm pretty sure there are no tour dealers in Canada. The only means of getting them is ordering them online, or going down to the states and buying the in person.

one of the few perks of my job of managing a sporting good store is that i can order stuff direct from companies, usually at a pretty discounted price.

if i had my way, we'd carry more inline stuff... but we dont... at least not yet

What sporting good store do you manage?

Tour, I thought, announced no changes to the line-up for 07, and just the addition of the new $100 price point skate. I've seen one of the new models that CJ Yoder has been testing, and it looks nice, but I thought it would be a late 07/ early 08 model for a new line up then.

as for the topic, I'd go with the Wicked 1's if you like a super stiff and slightly tall boot. I love my 3's now that they are decently worked in, but there will be pain involved in the break in process.

well, i'll give it a while. im still not sure what im gonna do, either the wicked1's or the Rbk 8ks and mount a chassis on it.

maybe a sprung...

if you wanna wait a couple of weeks, then just make do with what you got. Use some tape and tape up the top of the skates, or use some straps that you can modify and secure the top.

no one around here carries tour, and im not goin to the US to try and get some..

i have really odd shaped feet and a big ol weird lookin big toe so the fit needs to be right, and i NEED to try them on in person... so buying online isnt an option.

my store carries missions, and ive worn them before, so thats really the only brand id buy without trying on.

Tour, I thought, announced no changes to the line-up for 07, and just the addition of the new $100 price point skate. I've seen one of the new models that CJ Yoder has been testing, and it looks nice, but I thought it would be a late 07/ early 08 model for a new line up then.

as for the topic, I'd go with the Wicked 1's if you like a super stiff and slightly tall boot. I love my 3's now that they are decently worked in, but there will be pain involved in the break in process.

I sent a mail to Tour staff asking this:

"Hello, I want to buy new skates, and I'm waiting new 2007 tour brand, when do you send new skates?will you have new code 1 model or another new top skate model? thank's!"

And They answer me:

"If all works out as planned, we may have a new top model skate coming out next Spring. The rest of the skate line will remain the same. Thanks!

Tour Hockey"

I sent a mail to Tour staff asking this:

"Hello, I want to buy new skates, and I'm waiting new 2007 tour brand, when do you send new skates?will you have new code 1 model or another new top skate model? thank's!"

And They answer me:

"If all works out as planned, we may have a new top model skate coming out next Spring. The rest of the skate line will remain the same. Thanks!

Tour Hockey"

That must be what CJ has been playing in recently, very nice looking skate. Looks like maybe they are going into the over $400 market then too, since the code 1 is already in the $400 slot

B)

i was pretty stoked to find out my new job has a skate oven, and a skate punch. id never really explored around the tech shop, so i was clueless as to what we had, but i always figured we didnt have it, as we're not really a 'specialized' hockey store.

anyway, ya. and a punch too. so when i DO buy the Missions ( when i get paid on the 11th ) i'll be able to bake them and get them moulded quick which will hopefully cut down on the 'oh my f**** feet are dead' phase.