Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest phillyfan

Planets

Guest phillyfan

Not sure if it's just here on the East Coast or what have you, but from my vantage point in Jersey I can see several of the planets lined up, Venus, Mars and maybe even Saturn or Jupiter. It's really interesting to look at, tonight's a great night for stars here. Have a question for you astronomers, what constellation is made up of the 3 stars line up? I don't know the answer, and see 3 distinct stars lined up in a straight line. Orions belt?

Guest phillyfan

The bright white star? I believe that is Venus as Mars is the red planet. But yes, it's the clearest night to see stars that I can remember. 0% cloud cover.

Guest phillyfan

Stars and planets, and space in general interest me greatly. I'll be on the first flight to another galaxy when the time comes! Not sure how good some of your eyes are, but if you stare at a random star for a little while, you can see faint galaxies or groups of stars in the background, like the illusion book that has hidden pictures.

I doubt you will still be alive when they are sending commercial flights to other galaxies. They are just guessing NASA will send the first person to Mars in 2035.

Guest phillyfan

Part sarcasm, part dream, don't tell me theres no Santa either. ;)

That might have been the bright object I was spotting?

If it was moving through the sky than maybe. They said it only takes 96 minutes for the thing to go around the world.