Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nyhockey6

Franklin Sceptors

Just got a call from my brother in Pittsburgh, Peranis has Sceptors on closeout for like $35. Patterns he remembered were Brisebois, Weight and Guerin. Can't pass up a OPS for $35, would be great for someone just starting out who doesn't care if they didn't get the newest and most expensive stick around.

They had nice shafts on them, but feel was lagging.

Brisebois was similar to Lidstrom, Guerin was a moderate mid.

Yeah and a little too stiff, but for $35 it's a good deal

just get a lower flex.... :rolleyes: !!!

or all sceptor have the same flex??

ps:when i think,it could be real because i never saw a sceptor have a different flex then 6.0 :P

The shaft looks the same as the Sherwood Eclipse shaft - both made by True Temper, both slightly concaved. The blade has a wood core surrounded by ABS and then wrapped in composites. I've got one in a 5 flex, and I've seen them in 4.5 also. I've only used mine on ice, and it's OK, but I prefer my Vector 110 shaft with the 1052 blade.

I don't know why you guys all said that the 9007 is heavy....i have a 7035 and it not heavy at all...the weight of the stick is maybe higher then a synergy but the BALANCE of the stick is so well balanced that you do not feel that is heavy!!

anywayz in my opinion what make franklin stick so good:the sandpaper grip :P the Balance....and the feel of it ...You don't need to buy a SICORE to have a wood feel with a franklin power core!!!and you pay 3x less then a SICORE

Oh yeah! hey buzz GUERIN is nicier!!!!!!then Francis :lol: ;)

The Sceptor isn't an air core shaft - it's a standard graphite/composite shaft, and it doesn't have the sandpaper grip. It's slightly textured like an ultra lite, but overall pretty smooth. And personally I prefer the Francis curve.