Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmiro

replace a chasis or convert from ice to roller

okay, this might be a dumb question and i did a search and nothing came back.

I need direction as to how to switch of the chasis on a pair of tacks to roller chasis. Also were i can get the stuff to do it and what to lock for. I dont have a lhs to go to.

I just sent a pair of boots out to have a new chassis mounted on them. (the nearest shop to me is about 60 miles away and they're remodeling)

That may be an option. If you'd like info on where I sent them, PM me.

for the learning how, Sprungster has put together some good general guidelines for the Sprung frames that could easily mod into any frame. There are a few schools of thought on which hardware to use, but the T-Nut method seems to be the best hardware to use since the T-Nut heads aren't small enough to pull through a boot sole. I've also used snap-off bolts before that come about 6 inches long and you run them through your drill holes, tighten down a washer and lock nut and snap off the excess.

The best bet is to find a pair or two of cheap (as cheap as possible) skates and try it out with a little direction from instructions like these. Once you've done it a few times it all comes together and makes it much easier to do. A good hardware store is a must too.