Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SickLife

question for a knowledgable rule people.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the refs around here are pretty lenient with that call as I've only been called for it once.

Putting the stick under your arm would be holding the stick, and his hook may have him just trying to get it back. If i go up the boards i will generally control the stick with one hand and use the other arm to block his stick, without grabbing it, which happens to be perfectly legal.

overall, good refs, i was just mad we lost by a goal & the questionable calls. like the guy who high stuck me causing stitches only getting 2 minutes. there were a little over 3 mins left. a 4 minute call would've given us a 6 on 4 when we pulled the goalie.

There is no 4 minute option for a high stick. 2, 5 or 5 and game.

i could be way off but i always thaught i could be 2 min. for the high stick and if it there was blood they could add 2 more, i could be wrong though.

I looked it up not that long ago. From what I remember Chadd is right, and there is no option for a double minor. I also don't recall a minscounduct.

I looked it up not that long ago. From what I remember Chadd is right, and there is no option for a double minor. I also don't recall a minscounduct.

I believe the misconduct was added as a 2006 addendum to the rules, it may have been for inline only though.

overall, good refs, i was just mad we lost by a goal & the questionable calls. like the guy who high stuck me causing stitches only getting 2 minutes. there were a little over 3 mins left. a 4 minute call would've given us a 6 on 4 when we pulled the goalie.

There is no 4 minute option for a high stick. 2, 5 or 5 and game.

i could be way off but i always thaught i could be 2 min. for the high stick and if it there was blood they could add 2 more, i could be wrong though.

NHL rules are not the same as USAH rules. If the referee determines there is an injury (blood alone is not enough), it is a 5 and game. That is the only option for a penalty that causes an injury. A high stick that draws blood can be 2, 5 or 5 and game. It just depends on the situation.

NHL rules are not the same as USAH rules. If the referee determines there is an injury (blood alone is not enough), it is a 5 and game. That is the only option for a penalty that causes an injury. A high stick that draws blood can be 2, 5 or 5 and game. It just depends on the situation.

The game I recall. The 2+10 I now recall is the in-house adaptation our local non-USAIL rink uses as an option so as not to give a game, depending on intent. This particular rink also does some other weird things. They used to be USAIL so between USAIL rules, the rinks rules, and USA rules I sometimes am mixed up as to the minutes. If some of these type infraction arise when I'm reff'ing we end up having a conference, 'cause I'm not the only ref not able to keep track of the local Inline rink knee jerk rule changes. :angry: