Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the travler

custom smiths - 255 9 weeks -- custom vorteks 339 4 weeks

339$ holy smokes!!! (nhl spec sizing)

The 48" 2006 model glove would be $309.00

still 50$ more than the smiths.

grrr... what to do. i need a new glove, bad.

dont want to wait 9 weeks and dont want to spend 80$ more either.

<_<

really?

ive read a few post here and there and a lot of them say they like the vorteks over the smiths.

339 for the 07 model.

now that i look around 300-355 seems to be the going rate for the top end mits.

should i go ahead and get the NHL spec sizing? i play beer league and dont think the sizing changes will affect me anytime soon, but i also wouldnt mind being ahead of the curve.

hmm.....

the smiths are so worth it, it is the nicest gloves that i have ever used (compared to vaughns that i had before)it is totaly worth the wait

I was debating between a set of Vortek and Smith. I went with Vortek back in September last year. I got the leg pads and blocker in December and I am still waiting on the glove. I'm a full right goalie though. I was told that they don't produce full right gloves as often as regular gloves. If you are looking into pads, I highly recommend the VK5's.

I've used gloves from both companies and have a preference for those from vortek. As always, it's a personal issue but that is my experience and I've been playing in vortek gear for years.

::m

ive got the VK5 leg pads and other than being about an inch too tall, i like them.

the glove im replacing is a 10 year old Vaughn t-1950 and B-1000 classic blocker.the blocker is about to bust at the seams, and the glove is soooo heavy, not to mention it doesnt close all the way.

marc sent me pics of the new VK7 and they look really, really good.

IMG_3909.jpg

Yeah I have used a VK5 set and Noronens PR set as well as Smith gear. Smith allows for more customization but Vortek makes better gear imho. It suit my style better.

pk

i like the smith 5000s better, sorry but i have a thing against vortek for no aparent reason

What do the smith 5000 gloves look like?

dont know how cook knows what the 5000's look like as pete said he isn't releasing picutres til friday at the earliest.

but if you got some pics i'd love to see what im getting

He doesn't know what they look like and there aren't any pictures out there, yet. I just find it funny when people post a preference for something that they haven't seen.

He doesn't know what they look like and there aren't any pictures out there, yet. I just find it funny when people post a preference for something that they haven't seen.

It's not only that no one has ever seen the graphic, but no one has ever felt them, and seen if they perform well.

My bet is he is just saying this so people will think he is important. He isn't though. He is just like you or me, but with a little less brains.

So from what I have heard in the past is to go with the Smith, cheaper, but longer wait. I can't say anything about it though as I have never used one. However I have tried on last years or two years ago Vortek VK5(or whatever) and it felt great!! It was used, it was broken in, no smell, lots of protection, so maybe you would want to but a used one, less moneey to spend, and less time to wait. Same goes for Smith less time to wait and less money to spend.

But you said you don't wanna spend 80$ more, then go with Smith. As easy as that!!