Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbacs

78mm hockey wheels? Hum'r chassis?

I'm looking to get a Hum'r chassis put on my CCM vector ice boot. Should be a nice combination. I don't like the flat stance on the Hum'r though. So i want to get 80mm's in the middle and 78mm's on the ends, to rocker the chassis.

I've looked everywhere for a decent 78mm hockey wheel but have only found 78a wheels. Nothing softer and definately no RinkRat or Labeda wheels. I know that Hyper has 78's on the Bauer/Nike ONE Up chassis, but i can't find individiual wheels to purchase.

Anyone have any ideas? Is that the correct way to rocker the Hum'r? With 78mm's. Or is it 76mm's not 78's?

I'd also be interested in 74,76,76,74 setup, but the same deal with the 74mm's, i can't find a good hockey wheel. :(

Thanks.

no rink rats? they make 78's and they're widely considered the best wheel out there...

I don't think RinkRat's make 78mm wheels. If they do then point me in the direction. I think you are talking about 78A the softness. That's not what i mean.

no they make 78mm wheels, they came on the back of the hi ho silver 2's but they also made them in stock colors although i'm sure they are harder than most to find... ill poke around for you and see if i can locate some...

edit: you might want to try and get in touch with mike hunt from RR, although that is proving difficult to do lately, and see if he has some leftover. the don't supply wheels to nbh anymore so maybe they stopped making them, but they did at one point... doesn't look like they're available in the new model of the hornets but also if anyone has some of the old model they may have some...

Ok i'll see if i can talk to mike. I used to play hockey with him in North Dartmouth. Maybe he'll remember me and hook me up. I saw him in J&B sports a lot too. I doubt that will matter but you never know.

I actually found some Hyper 78mm 78a wheels, but they are not grippy at all. They are comparible and almost identical to the salomon's. Same clear color and hardness. I'd really like to get a nice "hockey" wheel like the RinkRat's or Hyper Unity's.

Anyone ever rocker a HighLo chassis? I figured a way to do this today. I put on my redstar magallow chassis, 72,74,80,74mm wheels and it produced a nice rocker. But the seem much slower for some reason. Maybe its the 74mm in the rear. The slowness is why i want to get the Hum'r, because the hum'r's can rocker with bigger wheels and have better speed. I will only get them if i can make sure i can find some good 78mm's hockey wheels.

Yup i tried that also. What happened was there was only a rocker in the front. The 3 rear wheels all touched the ground at the same time when i had 72,74,80,76. I'm trying to get only 2 in the middle to touch at the same time, like an ice skate does. There's only about 2-3 inches of an ice skate blade touching the ice at one time. So i figured that's about 2 wheels length.

don't want to steal the thread but i wouldnt mind someone answering a couple questions regarding the same topic. i just bought some 19.99 medium easton konki chassis from hockeyworld because thats basically all they had, and im going to put it on my easton synergy 8.5 ice boots. my questions are how crappy is this chassis i bought and what wheel setup can i put on it? i was thinking 72,76,80,80 or something but i really don't know how it works.

I found two 78mm Rink Rat Hot Shots from EPuck about a year ago. Since then I haven't been able to find them. I have been using 1 78mm wheel on the front of my hummer chassis and really like the feel. Gives just a slight rocker so I don't feel like I'm on my heels as much.