Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Extremo

RBK vs Mission skate sizing

I've been told that the sizing of skates varies from brand to brand. I currently own a pair of Mission 9500s but they've lost a lot of their stiffness lately and are quite damaged so i've been looking at buying the RBK 8Ks. I'm a size 9 in Mission, should I go for a size 9 in RBK or would a different size fit better? Theres no shops in my area that sell the RBKs so I can't try any on.

As others have mentioned on this board several times each foot is different and you should avoid buying skates without trying them on if possible, but I can try to help. Based on what you've said I think you'll likely need a size 8 in the RBKs if the 9500 skates you have fit you properly. I can fit into an 8.5EE Mission L7 and a 7.5E RBK skate. I own the L7's and plan on converting them to inline skates, but I have only tried on the RBKs. Now the Mission L7 is not the same skate as a 9500 and might fit differently, but I believe the length would be similar. If you fit into a size 9 in 9500s I think a size 9 in RBKs would be too long for your foot. Size 8 would likely be the right length, but I'm not sure what width you take or would need (I believe the RBKs are generally wider than the Missions).