Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doctor Hook

Your tape preferences

for my handle i use white tape i use half tape for my knob which is very small and comes to about teh same height as the finger grips. then i make the finger grips and rest of the handle with wide tape. then i cover the knob with half black tape whcih is more of a superstition for me because i then tape over it with blue grip tape.

blade 98% of the time white tape heal o toe covering the toe. if i am somehow forced to use black its the same way but i wax it cause i find black tape gets snow build up easier than white.

if we lose i discard the losing tape and retape it the next day only on the blade though. if we dont lose it stays on for another ice time. then its retaped.

Medium sized white cloth knob, with the little rolled up 'grip' thing - about one inch between each little grip, going about six inches down the shaft.

Usually white tape on the blade, but right now it's black, because the pro-shop at the rink was out of white the same day I was... Taped from about the middle of the blade, right up to the toe (not over it, but milimeters from the end)... Last couple of times I've tried waxing it, but I'm not sure I like it, or that it really makes a difference. Also, taping superstition (one that only works because I'm a stay-at-home defenseman): Every time I score a goal with a stick, when I take that tape off, I save a small strip of it, and keep it on the stick somewhere. The stick of the moment is a wooden Sher-Wood, so two goals with this stick = a little strip of black tape under the foil "PMP" tape stuff at the bottom of the shaft, and one at the bottom of the handle... So it's a good thing I'm not exactly an offensive powerhouse, or my stick would be gummed up pretty fast.

... Two laps of clear tape over the socks at my knees, and several around the top of my skates/the bottom of my shinpads.

Many different kinds of tape holding my jock together, because it's pretty beat up.

Top- Split a Roll of white tape down the middle and make a slight knob, Then I go down about 4 inches using the normal tape width.

Blade- Middle of the blade leaving room on both sides

Shins- 1 lap of clear around the first strap, 1 lap on the bottom strap.

Knob- White athletic tape

Shins- One wrap of clear tape around the "Tape Groove" on my Vapor 6 shins.

Blade- This is where I get weird. I put electrical tape lengthwise on top of the blade near the shaft, then go along the length of the blade, around the toe, and then along the bottom to the heel. I think it helps protect the blade from getting chipped up. Then black tape heel to toe, enclosing the end of the toe. Trim off the excess at the toe, then wax.