Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Datsyukiandeek

New chassis, which outsole will hold up better?

So its been known that I plan on converting a pair of RBK 5ks ice skaets to inline. But ive come across a pretty good deal on a pair of 9ks. The 9ks have a composite outsole and the 5ks have a hard plastic. I plan on mounting a sprung chassis on one of these models.

Which material would hold up better to the abuse of an inline chassis? Which ever pair I don't convert, i'll be using for ice. I play inline 5 days a week at least so I need something that will be durable.

Thanks

I have converted 5ks and they are holding up very well. Can't speak to the 9ks as Ive never used them.

The 9ks in my IMO would last longer. I have Vector 10.0 boots on a mission chassis, and they are holding up like a rock. I also play at least 5 times a week or more.

if you mount the frames right,i would think either skate should hold up fine.my graf 705s have a thin bottom and the sprung frames are the 3rd mount on that boot,so there are two sets of holes from a previuos chassis and cobra ice holder.they are holding just fine.

If too many holes are the concern. you can fill the old holes with epoxy. I have found that PC-7 and PC-11 work the best. Fill the holes, wait a day. New soles. drill wherever you want. No durability issues. i have been doing this for years. I prefer the PC-11. It's white and made for marine use.