Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihockeyiregoalie43

strenght training

What kinda strenght training should a goalie do? i dunno if i should be doing weights, because i dont wanna bulk up my arms, if you bulk up muscles, would this make your blocker and glove hands slower?? what way can you get long and lean muscles? streching is alright, i try do that once a day, and i try control my diet, which is the hardest, cant stop eating total crap!! if anyone has advice on how to create the perfect glove and blocker hands. please let me know.

will

Stretching is the most important thing for a goalie. Lean, loose muscle fiber moves far more quickly than tight muscle fiber.

You still have to do weights because you need strength(unless you really plan on just doing rec and not planning on taking it to the next level). The gym I go to is specialized and is for elite athletes, they design your program to your sport and position. Some of the stuff I did last year used basically a pulley machine. However you were able to move the handle to the ground or very high. I moved it to the ground, then would be in my stance and the strap would wrap around my hand, and Id have to make a "glove save". A lot of it has to do with your natural ability to react, but I did notice a huge increase when I got back on the ice...

That sounds great, unfortunitly i dont have a good gym were i live, so i basically end up doing my on strenght training at home, i just borrow weights from a friend. In ireland absolutly nobody specilses in hockey,so i cant get advice from anyone. Does anybody have advice on strenthing back mucles also?thanks.

will