Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey77777

Shin Pads

on the topic of shinguards, I'm 5'10 and wear 16 inch v12s over the tongue. Works like a charm with absolutely no gaps for a puck to hit me.

I'm the same size and my 15" Nike Quest Force SMU (or whatever they're called) seem a little short actually. I guess they run on the small side, I'll have to see about gettin' some 16's.

yeah, everyone on the board thought I was nuts when I said I used 16's, but the nikes do run a little bit short. However, I used 16 inch 8040's beforehand. As long as the shinguard isnt forced up by being pushed into the skate, you can go as big as your comfortable with.

The problem with the larger guards I've tried on was that my knees and shins were drowning in the uber wide shell. If the THG's are just a little longer and not too wide they'll be perfect although I may just pick up a pair of DR shins once I get back to the shops. They were suprisingly very comfortable, seemed plenty long, and had a nice calf wrap velcro strapping system for only like $35 or so.

Thats exactly why I liked the nikes. In the Jofa my legs felt like tree trunks, whereas the nike is a much more streamlined pad.