Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saveourpens

Guys, chill.

For those of you that saw my earlier thread. Well we played today. We were told that we had no chance to advance, but when we arrive, we found out that if we swept all the periods and won the game, we still had a chance. Well, 4 of our idiot players don't show up and we lose the game 6-1. Keep in mind that this is an end of the year tournament, mainly for fun.

All that stuff about stripping in the penalty box, was just joking around. We did have 2 fights, one in which I was involved in. Two of our players were also kicked out. Anyways, I had a great game, didn't play dirty, made clean hits, and got some great chances.

After the game in the lockerroom, one of my teamates nagged another about a fat ass girl, so he said that was it, and flipped the garbage can right over him. Mountain dew was dripping all over him, along with some snot on his back, along with god knows what. One of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I'm pretty bummed right now but I'll have college club hockey to look forward to.

For those of you that saw my earlier thread. Well we played today. We were told that we had no chance to advance, but when we arrive, we found out that if we swept all the periods and won the game, we still had a chance. Well, 4 of our idiot players don't show up and we lose the game 6-1. Keep in mind that this is an end of the year tournament, mainly for fun.

All that stuff about stripping in the penalty box, was just joking around. We did have 2 fights, one in which I was involved in. Two of our players were also kicked out. Anyways, I had a great game, didn't play dirty, made clean hits, and got some great chances.

After the game in the lockerroom, one of my teamates nagged another about a fat ass girl, so he said that was it, and flipped the garbage can right over him. Mountain dew was dripping all over him, along with some snot on his back, along with god knows what. One of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I'm pretty bummed right now but I'll have college club hockey to look forward to.

What kind of junk HS league allows that to happen?

What kind of junk HS league allows that to happen?

Uhmmm...that's why they were thrown out. This was the first time the whole year that we had a fight and someone kicked out and this wasn't even a real game. It was the last game in a meaningless end of the year tournament.

I've played one of the Pitt club teams before. Do you know what Pitt campus your going to school at? There seems to be a shit load a schools and branch campuses in that area of the state with Club teams. I think it was Pitt-Johnstown, but im not too sure.

his school, taylor alderdice hs, is in the open division, so it's not exactly the highest level of competition. high school hockey in pittsburgh in general is pretty secondary to travel hockey for the most parts, so you'll definitely get some kids playing who don't really care too much. dice has always had a tough time getting good teams together since it's a city school unlike almost every other team in western pa. when i was a freshman and sophmore about 01, 02 i guess, they we're pretty decent, but the next couple years they barely had enough kids for a whole team.

as for wester pa club hockey, there's definitely a ton of schools with teams. duquesne, w&j, and robert morris have all been competitive in acha d1 the past couple years. there are also teams at WVU, mercyhurst, slippery rock, IUP, pitt... st. vincent, cal u, psu behrend, psu altoona, up johnstown... some of the schools have both a d1 and d3 team... so ya it's not that hard to find a school with some club hockey around here...

mercyhurst has d1 varsity mens and womens, but they also have club hockey... they're womens team finished the season ranked 2nd in the country but they lost in the 2nd round...

his school, taylor alderdice hs, is in the open division, so it's not exactly the highest level of competition. high school hockey in pittsburgh in general is pretty secondary to travel hockey for the most parts, so you'll definitely get some kids playing who don't really care too much. dice has always had a tough time getting good teams together since it's a city school unlike almost every other team in western pa. when i was a freshman and sophmore about 01, 02 i guess, they we're pretty decent, but the next couple years they barely had enough kids for a whole team.

as for wester pa club hockey, there's definitely a ton of schools with teams. duquesne, w&j, and robert morris have all been competitive in acha d1 the past couple years. there are also teams at WVU, mercyhurst, slippery rock, IUP, pitt... st. vincent, cal u, psu behrend, psu altoona, up johnstown... some of the schools have both a d1 and d3 team... so ya it's not that hard to find a school with some club hockey around here...

what's your name? I've been in Dice hockey since 2003, so I might know you. But you're right, we have a tough time getting kids on the team. We used to have a freshman, jv, and varsity team, but now we just have varsity and like 5 kids on the freshman team. Our team was thinking about jumping up to the A or AAA division this season, but we'd lose too many games.

This year, we are losing 6 seniors, next year, we are losing 8 seniors, so I don't even know if we'll be able to field a team after next year. All but one of the freshman kids just started skating.

what's your name? I've been in Dice hockey since 2003, so I might know you. But you're right, we have a tough time getting kids on the team. We used to have a freshman, jv, and varsity team, but now we just have varsity and like 5 kids on the freshman team. Our team was thinking about jumping up to the A or AAA division this season, but we'd lose too many games.

This year, we are losing 6 seniors, next year, we are losing 8 seniors, so I don't even know if we'll be able to field a team after next year. All but one of the freshman kids just started skating.

I've played one of the Pitt club teams before. Do you know what Pitt campus your going to school at? There seems to be a shit load a schools and branch campuses in that area of the state with Club teams. I think it was Pitt-Johnstown, but im not too sure.

I'm going to Pitt main.

I'm going to Pitt main.

I'm going to Pitt main.

Over the past few years we have played WVU, IUP, Pitt Jonstown, Cal, psu behrend and altoona. Some of the programs are better then others, and the teams vary skill wise. I know a couple of the schools where feilding multiple club teams. Some of the teams where good, and very well run....others where nothing but glorified full contact beer league.