Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevoc

skates breaking

I noticed yesterday that my favorite pair of skates are falling apart. Six of the ten rivets holding the chassis on both boots are loose, with some completely pulled through the sole. I thought that I could just get them re-riveted and continue with them, but upon further inspection I noticed the outsole is starting to separate from the boot. :(

I am assuming there is no way to fix this, but was wondering if there is anything I can do. For your info, they are mission d2c skates with a set of red star magnesium alloy chassis. (red ones)

I've used the skates for about two years, so should i just consider the time of use good and move on?

a temporary fix may be to use epoxy to glue the outsoles back on, but they're probably on their way out.

I've actually been skating on my beemers for a good couple of months with epoxy on the outsole, but I don't play too much inline anymore.