Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

icedevil82

'98 Supreme 5000 skates v. '04 z air comp se

I have two pairs of Supreme 5000's which I have yet to have skated in at all. I've tried them on and they fit about as good as skates fit. I know there's going to be a break in, but they fit perfect everywhere. Negative is, they are pretty old skates, even though they've never even been sharpened. I currently play in a pair of easton '04 z air comp se's which are probably a bit lighter, definitely stiffer (probably too stiff), have razor blade holders with parabolic steel, fit a little wide in the midfoot and narrow in the toe cap. It feels like with the Eastons, everytime I skate it is one little problem that I notice, either one toe is a little tight or the ankle isn't quite right on the left skate, etc....it messes with your comfort and confidence.

The easton's are in good shape and don't need replacing, just wondering if you guys think I'll get better performance out of the 5000's. They have black tuuk + holders with composite sole. Tiny extra point, the stock footbeds are ten times better in the bauers. Personally, the easton's are too stiff of a skate for me, I've used them for close to a year now and they still feel like rocks that can't be tightened as I'd like them be. I know the easton's are a good skate per se, but they're probably not for me who is someone playing 3 times a week in a light contact league. I think I'm answering my own questions here, but I just want to know more about the quality of the 5000's......I have two brand new never touched pairs. I might also add that they are a beautiful skate compared to the silver easton and they fit like a glove. Just thoughts please, thanks.

I loved the old 3000, 4000, and 5000's from back in the day......and if they fit, I'd swap in a second if I were you

You obviously don't have anything to lose by giving the 5000's a shot. If the footbeds are a problem then just throw the Eastons into the 5000's

I've used both, and personaly liked the Eastons better. It just never seemed like I could get the 5000's broken in.