Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLstealth09

Rink Rat Wheel Prices

I just had my skates Sprung, and I was supposed to be getting a set of wheels from this guy. He's been a bit late with his goods, so I decided to just do the usual inlinewarehouse order of a set and a half of wheels, or maybe a tee-shirt to total up $75 for some free shipping action.

I go to add the wheels to the cart, and I'm smacked in the face with an $8 price tag for Hot Shots! I check hockeygiant, hockeymonkey, ePuck, all the same price! I finally found some on hockeyworld for the original price, but I am shocked! I felt confident that a $50 set of Rink Rats was a good price for good wheels, but I am not about to pay $64 for a set.

Hockey is an expensive sport, and Rink Rat is a great wheel, but hitting us like that with a price jump hurts. It hurts down deep.

Get your Hot Shots before everyone's prices get bumped up. Any day now, hockeyworld and other retailers will permanently change their prices, and the $6 Hot Shot will be lost forever.

wow i just checked the prices and your right. at that price you might as well just go for the hornets. i still remember when epuck was clearing the 2006 816 for 3 or 4 dollars, man i should of cleared them out instead of buying just one set... :(

you guys speak the truth, they also had world cup blemishes for $3 for a while. Every time I have to order a set it breaks my heart to see that $75-$95 order for wheels alone

PS Anyone notice the price increase for shipping ground as well?

not sure about gas prices in the states, but up in Canada (well, in Vancouver at least) they've got up pretty high...around $1.20 per litre...

wheels are made of petroleum if im not mistaken...so that's probably why the prices of wheels have inflated...

not sure about gas prices in the states, but up in Canada (well, in Vancouver at least) they've got up pretty high...around $1.20 per litre...

wheels are made of petroleum if im not mistaken...so that's probably why the prices of wheels have inflated...

The prices of wheels have not gone up. Just the price of Rink Rats. I agree that they are up, but you can still find $5.95 for Hot Shots and $7.95 for Hornets, I don't recall where at the moment, I'll post if I find 'em.

nope, you're correct.

hockey stuff is a rip off here in Canada...

perhaps the point TheBert is trying to make is that despite the prices going up in the US for Rink Rats, prices still havent changed in Canada...even though it still is cheaper in the US after the price hike...

The game is just getting more and more expensive... recently, I had a pair mounted at what I thought was the cheaper hockey shop. My friend paid $35 for a mounting, which at the time was better than the $50 that the closer shop charged, so I brought my skates in. Dropped them off, and got my $35 ready.

I picked them up on Wednesday, and the guy in the shop asks me if I knew how much the cost was. I said, "Yeah, it's $35, right?"

He pauses for a bit, then says, "...Well... you know, it's $35 for a single mount. So it's actually $70."

I say, "No, no, no. It is $35, my friend paid $70 to have his and his brother's skates mounted."

The guy probably realized that $70 was an absolutely rediculous price with no basis, and gives up. "Alright, I'll give you $35 this time, but next time it's $70. Especially since these were the hardest skates I've ever mounted."

Well, I guess it's the last time I'm getting them mounted in Georgia. It costs roughly 10 dollars to have boots shipped somewhere, and then 10 back. Even if someone charged 30 bucks, which is a bit high itself, it would still be equal to the $50 that the other place charges, and much better than the $70 that I was about to pay.

I pray to God that Tour has another chassis mounting deal. My 10000's need some Hum'ers!

I ship direct from Mearthane, the company that makes Rink Rats and yes there has been a price jack! It hurts as a retailer to tell a guy to fork out an extra 2 bucks a wheel, but until something better comes along....BTW the guy who suggested changing to Hornets - theyve gone up too!