Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Shera

Ninja Bearings

Go to Ebay and search for ceramic bearings, and buy the ones with black and white balls. They spin just as smooth as those $300 bearings, and they cost $20. I bought a set and I am extremely impressed with them. Good stuff indeed.

Yep that's them. Just make sure you either buy 2 of the 8 packs or 1 pack of 16 bearings, because skates need 16 unlike skateboards. Those should fit your skates without a problem.

i really dont know about spending $300 on bearings alone, but i guess people just have money burning holes in their pockets.

My friend bought a couple sets of ceramic bearings on ebay a while ago. He loves them.

I dont think i'll ever use something different than my MOC9 airride bearings.

Yeah I heard good things about those, but just can't get myself to spend $90 on bearings. LOL

I have never felt the need to upgrade bearings that have came in my skates. I mean unless you have abec 3's i dont think there are is really any need to.

I replace bearings when they get fouled. I've killed two sets of mission bearings that came with different pairs of skates. I've been happy with Swiss bearings and haven't seen any reason to go with those over the top bearings.

looking at the picture of the bearings on ebay, it appears as though they are permanently sealed on both sides of the bearing. Is this true for all ceramics?

searched ebay a bit more and answered my own question, some do have removeable seals. but I came up with another, they all come pre lubed with something, is there a special lube that you have to use with them or could you use anything? Sonic oil for example.

Do some searches on google, there is a ton of info on ceramic bearings. The ones that I have are only sealed on one side, so you can still remove the shield. As for what lube to use, I am not sure, but like I said do some research.