Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duckjob

Sweat dripping on wheels

I have a pair of vector pros converted to a roller setup and between the vent holes that are drilled in the bottom and the holes where the eblade holder used to be, i find myself losing my footing for a split second because of sweat dripping down. Anyone else have this problem? I have thought about maybe just filling the holes with a caulking or something, but I like to where the moisture wicking socks, so I don't know if that result in an excess amount of sweat in the boot. All of my roller setups have been ice conversions, so I've never looked to see how skates built for inline come. Suggestions?

Most places around here plug the old holes when they do a conversion, it's probably the best option, just make sure you remove the insoles after a game to give them a chance to dry.

Yeah, I guess thats what I'll do. Its more noticable with the vectors than my tacks because of the holes being in the center of the boot directly above the wheels. Any idea what exactly it is that they use to plug the holes with? I'm guessing just a heavy duty exterior grade caulking or something.

Any silicone based caulking should work. Make sure you fill the hole and not just cover it or the water will sit in the hole and deteriorate the footbed more quickly.

I have this with my D-Limiteds dripping sweat down through the rivets.

I just covered them with some gaffa tape from the inside.