Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Any Billiards players on MSH?

I've played pool most of my life and I was just wondering if there are any avid pool players here. If so what's your game of choice(and rules you go by) and what's your preferred cue?

I personally like 8-ball(BCA rules), but will dab in 9-ball but only with higher level players. I play just about ever variation of pocket billiards and have even played a version carom on a semi-regular basis.

My favorite cue is a Meucci sneaky pete but I've had a Meucci Power Piston(PP-2) and have a McDermott E-L1 as well. I also use a layered hercules, medium tip on the sneaky pete. Normally, you'll see me with my Meucci and my J&J break/jump. The J&J is matched with an Adams shaft and hard Morri layered tip.

I've placed in the only two large tournaments I've played in. 3rd in 8-ball and 2nd place in 9-ball. I've won a couple of local small tournaments but I really don't play that often anymore, in fact I play rarely.

Anyone else?

I started playing snooker when I was about 17, can you actually believe I spent about $1500 in one month back then on playing in those snooker halls?

I only started playing pool a few years ago, never really had a preference for any cues, just used the house cues. I used to play in one of the pool halls in Singapore, chose that one cause the girl behind the counter was pretty good looking ;)

anyway, i dont play as often anymore... mainly cause i dont have any buddies now that play. I wouldnt mind playing again though...

I was going to comment about snooker... I've never really had easy access to a snooker table, it's just not that common in the states. We did have a set of snooker balls in the pool hall on campus that we played ocassionally, but of course that's not the same(9' table, larger balls). I actually had a custom made snooker cue for a while too(smaller tip, easier use of english).

If you ever make it to the states, moreso the Tampa area, we'll have to get a game or two in. I'll let you use a real cue instead of one of the house sticks. ;)

btw I sent you a pm.