Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nsabino

BSB Bearings

Hi, I'm in need of a new set of 608 bearings. What are your opinions about BSB? Also what suggestions do you have for quality and reasonably priced bearings?

Regards to all members,

Nelson

BSB are good, been around forever. For the money you can't beat Bones Reds though.

Thanks i've also seen them for a decent price at IW. So you suggest Bones Reds over BSB's.

Regards,

Nelson

BSB swiss! Awesome, you can't beat them!

BSB and Bones swiss are both great bearings (I prefer Bones bearings myself) but at half the price the Reds are a great bearing. The Reds are the equivalent of the Swiss Lite by BSB. Both the Reds and Swiss Lite are Swiss spec'd bearings made in China rather than being Swiss produced.

im running bsb swiss. I cant complain and they last forever. However,I have ran bones red nd bones swiss in skateboards. They are pretty bomb proof, too.

i'm on bones reds as well, and it's a GREAT investment. I feel that my skate is that much faster and smoother on the floor. I'd definitely recommend these.

They should work out pretty good for you. Just make sure you take care of em. Any bearings are gonna suck if they aren't lubed and taken care of.

They should work out pretty good for you. Just make sure you take care of em. Any bearings are gonna suck if they aren't lubed and taken care of.

how often do you clean your bearings?

not to jump in, but i do mine every month. i play 2-3 times a week, and keeping them clean and lubed is such an important thing.

I want to clean and lube my bearings, but I have absolutely no idea how to do so...I've always just shelled out money to buy new ones after a few months.

The whole idea of a c-ring and how to lube them is a mystery to me

I try and do mine about every month, but that doesn't happen all the time. Although if I start to hear anything from my bearings or notice any grinding or vibrations I clean them right away.

As for cleaning out your bearings, it's really not too tough. Most bearings will have a c-ring clip to hold the shield on, although some like the BSB swiss have a rubber shield that you can pop off without too much of a problem.

To Clean Bearings:

1) Pop all of your bearings out of your wheels and set them down on some newspaper or something.

2) Grab a safety pin or maybe a wall tack and pick up a bearing

3) If you look closely at the inside edge of the rim of the bearing you should see a gap in the c-ring somewhere.

## Note that if that inside edge looks like a bunch of dashed lines, that shield cannot be removed. Try looking at the other side of the bearing. If both shields are sealed you cannot clean the bearings.

4) Put the safety pin there on one edge of the gap and start pushing sideways

5) The c-ring should start to pop out from under the edge of the rim

## Be careful here because sometimes the c-rings like to pop out and fly away.

6) After this you should be able to remove the shield and see the bearings underneath.

7) Repeat steps 2-6 for all of the bearings.

8) If you want to actually clean your bearings continue, if you want to just lube them skip to step 15. Cleaning them is the best option but if you don't have time to do that lubing will be fine.

9) Get some bearing wash, I like the BSB citrus stuff and pour it into a bowl or a bearing strainer ( You should be able to find this stuff at many online stores)

10) Take all your bearings and put them in the wash

11) Let them soak for a while, it should say how long on wash bottle

12) If your bearings are really dirty take an old toothbrush and try to clean out the junk in your bearings after they have been soaking for awhile.

13) Remove your bearings from the wash and rinse them off with some water

14) Put them on the newspaper and begin drying them, paper towels and hair dryers work pretty well

15) Once they are (mostly) dry take each bearing and put a drop or two of lube in them (I like the BSB speed lube)

16) Spin the bearings to make sure everything gets an even coat of oil.

17) Put the shields back on and pop the c-rings back into place and enjoy!

that works really well!

easiest way to clean em is to just brush off all debris and immerse them in wd-40 overnight. When u wake up the next day, just rinse em and spin them like crazy before putting it back on your wheels. MAKE SURE these are ceramic or steel ball bearings though if you're gonna do that.. that is the best way to clean em.. hope it works for you