Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Buzz_LightBeer

Fury Sidewinder

Fury Sidewinder

Marleau 85 flex

Black w/ Blue accents

59.5" factory length

First Impression:

Very nice shelf appeal, stick is all black with a blue sidewinder design down the length of the shaft. factory length measures 59.5" butt end to heel. adult sticks offered in 2 flexes 85 and 100, and 5 patterns.

Marleau: Most similar to a YP, but more open, 5-5.5 lie

21: Modano/P9 not a clone, 5 lie, more closed, like a SWD Bouchard

Gionta: Indescribable, 4-4.5 lie, short blade, open heel, like a Zhamnov or Khavanov

Primeau: Sakic/Gaborik cross, open mid curve

Williams: Lidstrom like, more gradual curve and less open

Feel: Shaft is extremely boxy and rectangular, very solid, not a light stick, but by no means heavy. Felt good stickhadling with a sweedish ball. smooth coat shaft with no grip.

Flex: 85, feels a bit stiffer, until i began shooting, then felt like 80-85, i kept it full length so keep that in mind as it is a long stick. at first the shaft seemed to torque a bit too much, and i was hoping it didnt send my shots to the left. as it turns out it didnt, and the stick feels very nice to shoot with.

Blade: very nice, didnt see anything concerning initially, shot for about an hour and used it in my game, and i didnt notice any major cracks scuffs or nicks. it is a little rough on the hands to shoot a one timer, or catch a hard pass.

All in all I'm so far impressed, I did not at all like the Diamondback, but so far I would cal this stick a keeper, i intend to do a long term review.

Shaft View

Marleau1.JPG

Sidewinder Graphic

Marleau2.JPG

Marleau

Marleau3.JPG

YP/Marleau

Marleau4.JPG

4 months and the sitck is still going strong. a surface crack has formed on the blade, but keep in mind i use it 4-6 hours a week on synthetic ice doing nothing but shooting. flex, accuracy and velocity are all excellent. not one complaint out of me. I'm impressed, considering i got the stick with the specific intention of beating the s**t out of it, and its held up