Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollerhockeymavin

Nexed hockey skates

Hey Guys,

Looking to pick up a inexpensive pair of skates for my wife just to do some rec. skating on the weekend. No hockey for now but I am working on that. I am looking at ccm, mission and I came across the nexed skates-fluid and stinger. I have seen these in the past but don't really know a lot about them. Durability, sizing, width, weight, etc... Any input would be great. thanks.

stingers are top of the line from Nexed (formally vform). They kinda closed down, but I think their skates were not too bad.

The chassis was different though, you wont notice unless you really looked carefully. 3 deg and 8 deg wheels I think...

i had the stinger skates.i knew keven steiner from nexed/v-form.the stinger was a nice boot once you broke them in,they are a high cut boot.the nexed chassis were 8deg if i remember correctly,v form was 32deg,nexed also had a 16deg chassis.i stll see them around.nexed had some nice things going.i still use the back pack,the girdle,the pants and jersey design were hot at the time.

Anything from the Mission Helium 1500 to the Helium 3500 line would be great. All 3 are great entry level skates. They are great for rec skating and can be used when she is ready to start playing a little hockey. If you have any trouble with the skates you know Mission is still around to help you with any problems. Take a look online and you will find that those 3 models will far out spec any other skate at these price points.

Anything from the Mission Helium 1500 to the Helium 3500 line would be great. All 3 are great entry level skates. They are great for rec skating and can be used when she is ready to start playing a little hockey. If you have any trouble with the skates you know Mission is still around to help you with any problems. Take a look online and you will find that those 3 models will far out spec any other skate at these price points.

I am a mission fan-currently using the helium quatro 9500's and love them.. I also use some of there other equip.-they support roller hockey and I applaude them for there support of a game I am trying to promote in my area. Kicked around the idea of the syndicate line but decided on the mission wicked 5 skates. One of the kids I know in my area that also plays ice hockey picked up a pair of wicked 5's and really spoke highly of them.

the Fluids would probably be the better bet for your wife. Stingers are stiff, tall boots that will last forever, but might not be comfortable. My ex-wife played rec leagues in Fluids and loved them until she started playing against people who could put a little muscle behind their shot. Nexed skates came in 2 and 8 degree chassis, whereas the original V-Forms were the full 16 degrees (I believe). I had 2 prs of 2 degree Stingers and absolutely loved them. Did you find them locally or online, because for the right price I'd love another pair.

the Fluids would probably be the better bet for your wife. Stingers are stiff, tall boots that will last forever, but might not be comfortable. My ex-wife played rec leagues in Fluids and loved them until she started playing against people who could put a little muscle behind their shot. Nexed skates came in 2 and 8 degree chassis, whereas the original V-Forms were the full 16 degrees (I believe). I had 2 prs of 2 degree Stingers and absolutely loved them. Did you find them locally or online, because for the right price I'd love another pair.

I found them on ebay-fluids and stingers.