Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Bryan McCabe

The only reason I'd be against calling Stralman up is because I'd hate for him to "waste" a year of his contract if the Leafs had no plan on playing him this year. If he is up for the two months or however long, playing only 5-10 minutes a game, I see no point. It seems like Walser is having a good year, he'd be worthy of a call up. I'd almost prefer Muir though, he has NHL experience and from what I recall he is a stay at home guy.

A player has 10 games and then their contract kicks in, right? Stralman has played 7, so I wouldn't risk it. When he was up earlier this year he looked good sometimes, and not NHL ready at others. He is someone I would hate to rush, especially because learning NHL defense takes longer than other positions.

I'm not sure the 10 game rule applies to him since he is with the Marlies. I believe this season will take a year off his contract no matter what.

I'm not sure the 10 game rule applies to him since he is with the Marlies. I believe this season will take a year off his contract no matter what.

I thought it only applied to players that still had Jr. eligibilty left that weren't eligible for the AHL.