Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stampede#11

Best Fitting Skates for skinny ankle/mid fore foot

I thinking specificly inline boots ... but open to an ice boot converted if it will fit better.

I have always had difficulty with boots fitting right, as I have quite skinny ankles and a medium fore foot with quite a high arche.

The Tours and Missions seem to deep on the ankle and even when I lace up up tight, I can still feel dead space in the boot. Also the new stiffer uppers on top end boots are more difficult to wrap around my ankle when lacing.

I have gone "Paul Coffey style" and gone down 2 sizes, which feel OK and don't cause pain.

I am on Vector PF10's in a D width at the minute, which are about the best fit I have managed to find so far......

Just wondered if anyone else had any suggestions as to something that may fit better than the vectors if you have "frog feet" like mine???

I would take a look at the Mission Syndicate skate line. A completely redesigned boot that is very comfortable. I saw that you have tried some of our skates in the past but this one is different. I have had many players that have comfort issues switch to these skates. Both roller and ice. You can take a look at them on our site now. They are also arriving in stores as we speak.

My foot/ankle sound similiar as well. I went also from Nike-Bauer-Tour-then to CCM-then to Mission. I must admit that the CCM PF10's fit pretty well but my current Mission Helium Quatro 9500's fit the best. They do a nice job at wrapping around the ankle and locking down the heal. I will be ordering the Mission Wicked 5's in the next month. hope this helps.