Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reaper

Which blade for former Ringette Player Fiance?

I know this may sound like a wierd question but I was curious as to which blade I should buy for my fiance, who used to play Ringette.

The reason I am asking is that I am buying a pair of Mission S300's this week and with the free M-2 shaft offer being extended I wanted to get my fiance an Intermediate shaft blade combo. The M-2 sounded like a good choice (hey, it's only $6.95 USD :D ) but I'm wondering which blade I should get her.

She has never had a blade or curve preference as she only played shinny sporadically. Has anyone heard of a good blade for former ringette players that would ease the transition to hockey?

I'd like to convert her to hockey so she could play in a rec league for her own enjoyment.

Thanks in advance.

There is no easy answer to this question. Finding what works for you is all trial and error. There isn't really a standard "beginner" pattern. Finding the right lie is the most important thing when it comes to blades. You can adjust to any pattern with time but the lie is kind of a set thing unless you change your stick length or skating stance. Is she more of a upright or forward skater? What's her stick length preference (get your mind out of the gutters ;) ) ?

After you sort of gauge her lie preference, see what blades are available with that lie and take it from there. I would stick to wood too for 2 reasons: 1) It's the obvious economical choice when you're trying to find your pattern preferences, and 2) She should probably ease her way into the composites by developing her feel for the puck with the wood blades.