Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dunkin4979

Brian's Beast Glove & Blocker

The Beast blocker was (until very recently) the lightest ever made; notwithstanding the fact that the Beast was also one of the largest pre-NHL-spec blockers available (16.5x8.5), with only the Brian's A-Maxx, TPS Bionic and Boddam Atomic substantially bigger. I absolutely love my Beast, though I much prefer the Demon graphic mine has to the stock Beast. It's perfectly balanced in addition to light, the hand placement is great, and it's generally a pleasure to play with. The only reason I'm selling my Beast blocker is that I found my A-Maxx a little more effective at kidney-punching guys in front of the net. :)

Brian's gloves, on the other hand, are real love-hate pieces. I cannot stand them. To my hand, they feel clunky, misshapen, unbalanced and heavy. Some people love them, and would say the same things about my NHL-spec Bionic trapper.

OMG...ditto ^^^

Law Goalie, I love having you on this board. Your posts are always right on the money and very well written. I wish that some of the kids today could learn from the way you post.

My experience's with the Beast blocker and trapper were quite similar. I absolutely LOVED my Beast blocker. It was HUGE and intimidating, extremely light, comfortable and well balanced. One of my all time favourites.

Quite the contrary to the blocker, Brian's gloves are exactly as Law Goalie described them. The Beast was no exception. It is heavy, cumbersome and has a finger break which makes is always feel like the glove is too far down on your hand to close it properly. I always thought "if I just took this damn thing apart and relocated the break" it might be a nice glove, but with sooo many gloves that are lighter and fit well right off the shelf, why bother...?

Cheers mate. :)

I've recently re-measured my A-maxx, and it came out at 17x8.5, which places it half an inch in width shy of the Bionic's mass-market record of 17x9, though still behind the Boddam Atomic's insane 18x9 (reported).