Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spreedizzle

8K vs 7K fit?

I have been skating in my 7K ice skates for a while now and they fit my feet perfectly (9E). My Tour Code 1's fit my feet well, but not as perfectly as my 7K's. I am going to be converting a pair of boots to the Labeda Hum'er straight 80 chassis and wanted to know if the RBK 8K inline boots have the same cut and fit as the 7K ice boots? If so....it would broaden my options for boots to look for purchase. Thanks in advance!!

just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the Code 1? I have them in a 9D and they are very snug. I didn't try them since I bought them online. I like the snug fit at the toes and sides, but there just isn't enough ankle padding for me. As I've worn them, the padding seems to move away from the inside of the foot ankle bone and now it feels like my ankles is right on the hard outer material. I've noticed one other person complain about this on a review on epuck.com. I guess these just aren't a good fit for me. I too am looking to swap my humm'r chassis to a new boot. I'm just going to get fitted for some middle of the line vapors and see how that goes. I went back to my hilo missions last night and I was unpleasantly reminded how much I like the Humm'r.

just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the Code 1? I have them in a 9D and they are very snug. I didn't try them since I bought them online. I like the snug fit at the toes and sides, but there just isn't enough ankle padding for me. As I've worn them, the padding seems to move away from the inside of the foot ankle bone and now it feels like my ankles is right on the hard outer material. I've noticed one other person complain about this on a review on epuck.com. I guess these just aren't a good fit for me. I too am looking to swap my humm'r chassis to a new boot. I'm just going to get fitted for some middle of the line vapors and see how that goes. I went back to my hilo missions last night and I was unpleasantly reminded how much I like the Humm'r.

Exactly the same problem. For the first year the boots fit quite well, and were very comfortable once broken in. But it feels like the padding in the heel pocket (not the overall ankle) has broken down and compacted. Especially when skating backwards (I play D on inline) I get hot spots on the back of my heel bones from rubbing on what feels like raw plastic with no padding. My 7K ice boots fit my foot perfectly, and thus I would want to slap a Hum'er chassis on there and get the same comfort and mobility that I have on the ice with a Hum'er chassis.

at least you got a year out of them....I'm at about 4 months and I can't use them anymore. Post a pic of the finished product when you're done. Good luck.

i would definately try them on because while they are similar they are not the same. i found that my foot fit quite well in the ice line for rbk but the 8ks for inline while comfortable were just not as good as the 7ks. i thnk it has something to do with the placement of the stiffeners in each boot as well as the pump system. but definately get fitted thats the only way to be sure.