Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trajik78

Mission Vanguard wheel setup

I have the Vanguard chassis on my Wicked 5's and the recommended setup is 76-76-80-80 front to back. it pretty much works fine, but I still feel like I'm put on my heels a bit too much. I wear down my back 80mm wheel faster than any others...

did know if that was due to bad posture or maybe it would help to go 72-72-80-80. would that mess anything up as the chassis is concerned?

why dont you just bend you knees. if you really want some performance you shoulld be on a hum/r frame. i wouldnt recommend putting a 72 mm on the new vanguard the offset would probably feel very strange compared to a standard hi lo.

I have the Vanguard chassis on my Wicked 5's and the recommended setup is 76-76-80-80 front to back. it pretty much works fine, but I still feel like I'm put on my heels a bit too much. I wear down my back 80mm wheel faster than any others...

did know if that was due to bad posture or maybe it would help to go 72-72-80-80. would that mess anything up as the chassis is concerned?

With the 72-72-80-80 setup that you are referring to your second wheel from the toe will never contact the playing surface. With this setup you will essentially be running on 3 wheels. Not recommended.

if you really want some performance you shoulld be on a hum/r frame.

What? Why?

Vanguard is an excellent chassis, how is going to 4 x 80s chassis going to resolve his issue of feeling too far back on his heels?

if you really want some performance you shoulld be on a hum/r frame.

What? Why?

Vanguard is an excellent chassis, how is going to 4 x 80s chassis going to resolve his issue of feeling too far back on his heels?

The Vanguard is a great chassis, but both that and the Hum'er will have the same pitch, and both will be adversely affected by using wheel sizes other than what they are intended for.

I wouldn't screw around too much with factory setups, I've done and I know what I'm talking about through experience. I tried to rocker my Vector 10.0's, tri-di chassis, and ended up taking a few flips one of which was backwards, on my left shoulder and I still have some pain. probably the only setup you can play around a little with is nike/bauer, changing the rear wheel to one of a larger size.

Regards,

Nelson

i recommend the hummer frame because not only does the low boy system keep you pitched forward the larger wheel base is great for speed, stopping, turning, corning, etc. because of the larger surface contact with the floor which allows for more power behind everything. but again nothing helps more than keeping your knees bent which is the only reason i could see anyone having a problem with any given chassis. every set up out there right now has its advantages you just need to understand how to each one works for it to be effective..

Yea, you could do that, essentially it just changes the pitch. Its not exactly designed for that, but it can be done. With the 76mm wheels in front, the pitch is totally different, and you are less on your toes. I had the same problem with the wickeds, but it'll pass.

if you change the size of your front wheels, you have to do the same with your rear.

why can't people use simple math these days? this type of question gets asked so much on here its not funny anymore.

your wheel rotate on a fixed axle at the centre of your wheel. lets work off of your 76-72 swap. this measurement is the diameter of your wheel (from one side of the wheel to the opposite, passing directly through the centre) if you swap to the 72mm, there is a difference of 4mm in diameter. but what you need to think about is (and maybe this is how wheels whould be thought of in this instance) is the radius, which is half of your diameter. so in essence, your 76mm is a 38mm radius, and a 72mm is a 36mm, a 2mm difference.

if you make this change, your front wheels will constantly be off the ground if all the weight is on your heels, and if you spread your weight out, you will be on your front and your 3rd wheel only.

to do what you were thinking of, you would need a 68, 72, 76, 80 from front to rear to keep all wheels on the ground, but that would be just plain silly, think of the toe slip you would have

if you change the size of your front wheels, you have to do the same with your rear.

why can't people use simple math these days? this type of question gets asked so much on here its not funny anymore.

your wheel rotate on a fixed axle at the centre of your wheel. lets work off of your 76-72 swap. this measurement is the diameter of your wheel (from one side of the wheel to the opposite, passing directly through the centre) if you swap to the 72mm, there is a difference of 4mm in diameter. but what you need to think about is (and maybe this is how wheels whould be thought of in this instance) is the radius, which is half of your diameter. so in essence, your 76mm is a 38mm radius, and a 72mm is a 36mm, a 2mm difference.

if you make this change, your front wheels will constantly be off the ground if all the weight is on your heels, and if you spread your weight out, you will be on your front and your 3rd wheel only.

to do what you were thinking of, you would need a 68, 72, 76, 80 from front to rear to keep all wheels on the ground, but that would be just plain silly, think of the toe slip you would have

hahahhahah....it is funny how much this comes up. I don't think people under stand how the holes are offset or not offset depending on the chassis.

yeah, hate those guys, ask such stupid questions and don't know a thing about chassis wheel math...i was uh asking for a friend of mine. :angry:

im not going to change my chassis, so i'll just work on my stance i guess. i play a lot of D so i guess its naturally going to wear out my wheels a bit more in the back.

ok get this.....

in hockey, we are always taught to skate with knees bent (about 90deg) and weight on the ball of our foot. now, go to any skating coach, ice, inline, speed, artistic and the one thing that they will first correct is this. when going forwards, 60%-70% of weight should be on your HEELS, and the opposite for skating backwards. second thing is, and hockey players just don't get this one right, is when turning, whether it be a rolling turn or crossovers, is keep the weight on the inside skate

so the 76-76-80-80 of the vanguard makes for better speed and grip than the 72-72-80-80 of the NikeBauer skates?

I don't fit into any tour skates, so i've been pretty bummed out about being stuck with the hi-lo (Nikebauer)...would the vanguard be a nice mid point between the hummr and the Nikebauer? not really interested in buying a chassis on its own.