Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

revision_88

Anaheim Hockey Club

AHC would like to send out an overwhelming thank you to our thousands of loyal customers since October 1999. We are proud to have provided the community with the great sport of roller hockey for the past 8 years. We are happy to announce that we will

continue to offer quality inline hockey programs beginning in October 2007 at 4325 Prado Road #101, Corona, CA 92880.

Although initial plans were to relocate within the city of Anaheim, the real estate market did not make business sense. However, we are extremely excited to be moving to our new location directly off the freeway at Green River and the 91. Moreover, our experienced and qualified staff and all of our established programs and leagues will

remain the same in our new home. A series of renovations are already in the works that will come in phases over the first few seasons in Corona. We are enthusiastic that the move is a huge step forward for the hockey club to continue to grow and improve roller hockey opportunities for our current and new customers.

We will be moving our weekly game start times (the first game of the day will be 6:10pm) and allowing for carpool requests in the rec program as well as examining other options to help alleviate the commute to our customers West of our new home. All of the details will be announced very shortly.

Registration for our fall season is ongoing at the Anaheim location at the front desk until September 23rd! We will soon be set-up to take registrations in Corona as well. The fall season will begin the week of Oct. 6th.

The RBK Bulldog program will also continue its storied tradition and provide some of the most experienced and qualified coaching staff in the country. Tryouts are beginning in Anaheim on Sept. 16th and 22nd and will finish up at our Corona location.

Thank you to the Hearn family for their early contributions to the young sport of roller hockey. We are excited to continue to build upon their efforts and bring the sportin Southern California to new heights in years to come.

We hope all of you will come with us East on the 91 and keep playing this great sport!

For questions/concerns or to express your willingness to help us in our move, contact Ken Murchison ken@anaheimhockeyclub.com and/or Ben Frank ben@anaheimhockeyclub.com

I don't player roller anymore but for the people who haven't played in that building in Corona, I surely hope the management intends to turn on the air conditioner in that place. I have never played in a hotter building in the summer - seriously, it's unbearable.

Also, I am sure the rinks are going to be shorter as they were when it was previously open which is a shame, as the rinks at AHC were pretty big (I think 185x85). AHC was really a nice facility.

Man...such is life in the ever-declining roller hockey market in Southern California.

uhhhh i think everyone and their mom got this email. i was looking for some more recent updates. the last i heard was they bumped back the starting time until mid January.

you asked for information, i gave you the information i knew

my bad

I don't player roller anymore but for the people who haven't played in that building in Corona, I surely hope the management intends to turn on the air conditioner in that place. I have never played in a hotter building in the summer - seriously, it's unbearable.

I remember playing in the summers there. And I would have to agree that the summer was extremely hot in that building.

I'm sure it's cheaper in Corona but I can't imagine many people that live west of there being willing to tackle the 91 (before 8pm or so) to get there.

I've only been out to CA a few times, but in that few times I have surely seen that the 91 is THE worst driving experience I have experienced in my life.

Holy traffic all the time.

I've only been out to CA a few times, but in that few times I have surely seen that the 91 is THE worst driving experience I have experienced in my life.

Holy traffic all the time.

You are absolutely correct. They don't call that stretch "The Corona Crawl" for nuthin'. ;)

I remember playing in the summers there. And I would have to agree that the summer was extremely hot in that building.

And add to the fact that AHC, as far as I knew when I played there would NEVER turn on the AC. Hopefully cooler heads (pun intended) will prevail when they open up shop in Corona.

Sorry, but I obviously have no helpful information but going along with "turning the AC on" the local rink here where I live doesn't even have an air conditioning system installed. They have some big turbine fans that do absolutely nothing.

And another thing about the 91, I went out to visit some friends of the family for the week of the 4th of July and we went to Huntington Beach for the fireworks and it took us a good 2.5 hours to get back to Riverside. Needless to say it was bumper to bumper the whole way home at 1:30 a.m. so I fell asleep in the backseat to find out we arrived back at their house at 3:30 a.m....hell of a commute everyday that I'm glad I don't have to experience.

The rinks from anaheim will be sent to corona, but they will be shortened due to the size of the building, just like the original rinks at corona. The nice thing is that the Samueli's(people that own the ducks) bought the property and brand so they will be running it now. They tend to do everything first class, so I'm curious to see what the rink looks like in January when it is supposed to reopen.

The rinks from anaheim will be sent to corona, but they will be shortened due to the size of the building, just like the original rinks at corona. The nice thing is that the Samueli's(people that own the ducks) bought the property and brand so they will be running it now. They tend to do everything first class, so I'm curious to see what the rink looks like in January when it is supposed to reopen.

No offense, Duckjob but "first class?" You'd think the Samueli's would have been able to afford to keep the facility in Anaheim in the first place. I had a feeling the rinks were going to be small, like the old Corona. That sucks....I bet a massive amount of people will turn to 949 in Irvine for roller now. That's always been a really nice facility, especially the main 2 rinks (the back 3rd one is kinda narrow).

Just my .02

heard that the anaheim building sold for like 15million?? im sure that the corona building being vacant for quite some time now and it being in the middle of nowhere was probably a steal. but what a bad investment nobody wants to drive 91 freeway unless your games r after 8pm.hopefully they wont be aau anymore as well. im playin at irvine now.

No offense, Duckjob but "first class?" You'd think the Samueli's would have been able to afford to keep the facility in Anaheim in the first place. I had a feeling the rinks were going to be small, like the old Corona. That sucks....I bet a massive amount of people will turn to 949 in Irvine for roller now. That's always been a really nice facility, especially the main 2 rinks (the back 3rd one is kinda narrow).

Just my .02

The Hearns had sold the building that was AHC and purchased the building in Corona before the Samueli's showed intrest. That offer came out of left field. I wish it had happened before the Anaheim Building was sold.

Just my .02

The Hearns had sold the building that was AHC and purchased the building in Corona before the Samueli's showed intrest. That offer came out of left field. I wish it had happened before the Anaheim Building was sold.

Ah, ok. Well, it will be interesting to see if everything works out. Because to be a longtime player at AHC and A)make the drive to Corona and B)play on a way smaller rink than accustomed to in extreme conditions is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way....mark my words.

Just my .02

Ah, ok. Well, it will be interesting to see if everything works out. Because to be a longtime player at AHC and A)make the drive to Corona and B)play on a way smaller rink than accustomed to in extreme conditions is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way....mark my words.

Oh I absolutley agree. I played at corona for many years until AHC opened up. Towards the end corona was a real s**t hole. no ac, cramed and smelly locker rooms and two different sized rinks. Im hoping I'll be surprised when it reopens.