Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Ballistik 52 OPS

To begin with, I want to apologize to the folks at Ballistik for the delay in my review. Long story short, I was planning to play this fall, missed a deadline, and just got picked up for the league two months late. With school and everything else going on I haven't been able to even go to a drop in. But with that all said, I'm now playing again so I can perform the review like I promised. Thanks for dealing with me on this.

On to the stick...

I ordered the 52 in a 100 flex, Drury curve, which is what I always use. I was initially impressed with the stick. It looked nice (I'm always a fan of simple designs), and it felt good in my hands. When it comes to me and sticks, I have a weird way of judging them based on how they feel. For example, I've never purchased any CCM OPS because they just don't feel right. The Ballistik was a stick that I think I would be interested in if I saw it in a LHS, but thats an unquantifiable element I guess.

So far I have used the stick one time, and its use was very limited. I took only a handful of shots during warm ups, and only two during the game. I didn't feel that any shot was particularly great, but I attribute that to me not being on the ice since June. Passing was fine, but again, limited. I did receive a pretty good slash right near the hosel, and there isn't even a chip in the paint.

Obviously I'll be updating this much more thoroughly when I'm on the ice more, I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Sorry its been a while since my last update. I was sick for a few weeks, then my league took a long break for Christmas.

Used the stick again last night. I previously had noted that shooting seemed off with it, but last night I was shooting great. Good, firm shots. Passing was good as well. The on ice balance feels great. Its safe to say I've been impressed with it so far.

The only two negative things that I can say about it are its finish and the blade stiffness. The blade seems to have lost a little bit of its stiffness after just two uses. It isn't terrible, but its something I'll keep my eye on. The finish on the shaft and blade aren't great. Tape residue seems to stick on it a lot, and it peels the graphics off quite easily.

I'm on the ice again next weekend and I'll add more at that point.

Another couple of uses with it. So far, so good. Still good, crisp passes and shots. A lot of the logos are shot, but that isn't a problem with me. The blade stiffness (which I was previously worried about) seems fine for now. I'm liking this stick more and more each time I use it.

Used it another two games. Stick is still going strong, showing no signs of wearing down. I'm generally very hard on my sticks, and while I rarely break any blades I wear them down until they get soft. So far that is not a problem. The stick has taken some serious abuse, and is still performing nicely.

Played another four or five games with it. It is still going strong, but it is starting to get lost in the shuffle. Thanks again to Ballistik for letting me demo it, and feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can do.