Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D3nZ

Player attacks Ref in Slovakia

I was watching RDS and they showed a player from Slovakia, he was from Bratislava or playing against them. He swong his stick to hit the ref then started to hit him with his gloves. Don't have a movie though, maybe TSN will have one. Kinda reminds me of something that happened here in Moncton in 1996 where the University of Moncton players attacked a ref after he gave the game winning goal in overtime to the PEI Panthers when alot of people thought the goal wasn't good.

EDIT: He was from the Svolen team.

I saw it as well, I couldn't believe it. It seemed like the one ref knew it was coming though, and he held him back until a player seperated him. then all hell broke loose.

That was freaky! I was watching TSN (same thing as RDS is it not?) and total attack. Also, that link doesnt work for me.

I've witnessed it once. Highest level of amateur hockey in France, game gets rough, guy looses some teeth, ref doesn't call it, guy goes to the ref, yells at him, no reation and BOOM a fist in the ref's face. What a schmuck

Nice for his team, too. Game got interrupted and they were attributed a 5-0 loss and the guy a 1-year suspension.

That was freaky! I was watching TSN (same thing as RDS is it not?) and total attack. 

I saw that on TSN too. What a nut though! And when the other ref held him back the guys teammate came over and pulled the ref off him so he could attack the first ref. That's simply not acceptable in any sport from curling to boxing or anywhere.