Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoXish

Legace on IR...

Legace has been placed on IR after tweaking his knee in warm ups, Toivenen is now the go to guy with Marek Schwarz being called up to back him up.

Toivenen has played really well this year and was the only reason the Blues were even remotely in the game two nights ago in Calgary.

Should be fun seeing him getting a lot of playing time.

hopefully manny will be back soon. too bad st. louis got ride of bacashihua for jusso riksman who bailed back to europe. honestly i saw that coming a mile away. i would rather have cash as a backup the schwartzy

With Ole Luongo taking a game off tonight (Seriously....I thought he played like every game brodeur style) I picked Toivonen up...thanks for the heads up.

Zach

hopefully manny will be back soon. too bad st. louis got ride of bacashihua for jusso riksman who bailed back to europe. honestly i saw that coming a mile away. i would rather have cash as a backup the schwartzy

This is a little inaccurate.

Riksman was brought in to battle with Bacashihua. Riksman had a poor showing at the prospects camp but was given the benefit of the doubt. Then we traded for Toivenen. Come training camp Bacashihua had every chance to win the #2 spot but couldn't do it. Toivenen outplayed both of them. Riksman was assigned to the AHL to backup Marek Schwarz (who, by all accounts is a future #1 goaltender), he got tired of not playing and decided to go home. Not until after that happened did the Blues then TRADE Bacashihua to the Avalanche for a conditional 7th round pick.

The Riksman saga has nothing to do with Cash.

from what i gathered the rivermen sent riksman back to europe to get some more ice while they tried to figure out their goaltending situation.. when he came back he told them that he wanted to stay and play in peoria. after that cash got trade to colorado. riksman played one game (that i was at) played 7 minutes in the first period, let in two soft goals on two shots..got pulled. and a week later packed his bags and took off. now currently on suspension. so if they knew that he was going to bail, they would have kept cash. that way they wouldnt be stuck with an IHL bloomington goalie as a backup right now. if im missing something let me know man...im not trying to argue at all.. just wanting to figure out everything.

No, that's about right. They lent Riksman back to Finland but he wanted to stay in Peoria... turned in a bad showing, got slammed and left to go home.

I just understood your assessment before as the move with Cash being associated with Riksman. Riksman left for Europe before Cash was traded... I'm almost positive of that.

ahh alright. yeah i guess i was thinking cash was traded before riksman bailed. either way...were screwed here in peoria if beckford-tseu gets hurt or slumps. haha

also...Toivonen played really well tonight