Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigDipper

Florida inline-rink being terminated..

Any floridians..I thought I would mention. SportMall, located on SW 10th ST and Powerline in pompano beach, FL has been bought by a fella is a partner for Full Tilt Poker. He is completely converted to an ice hockey rink facility. No mention yet on when the rink will close for conversion, but bad news as we lose another playing surface

This really, really sucks. Are there going to be no inline facilities left soon?? I'm honestly praying I can hit the $200 mil lotto so I can build 2 or 3 inline facilities around here!

I believe tallahassee still has some. If any of you want to trek up into georgia theres' one in tifton and thomasville. Neither of which are too far from the border.

I'm playing around here in Jax, on a generic wood surface. I'd kill for something around here with sport court etc. Thanks for the suggestion, I can't afford (lack of time) to drive into Georgia though.

I'm playing around here in Jax, on a generic wood surface. I'd kill for something around here with sport court etc. Thanks for the suggestion, I can't afford (lack of time) to drive into Georgia though.

That's too bad. I remember back in the day there was a team that we played in travel tourny's. I believe they were the Jacksonville Jokers. Would that happen to be the rink you play at?

Hey you Florida inline guys:

I am looking to play this summer -- May through August -- down in the Broward County area. I last played in Florida at the Pines outdoor rinks about 7 years ago and have played up in Michigan since then. I was just curious if there are any decent sized, good skill-level leagues anywhere in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach over the summer. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Hey you Florida inline guys:

I am looking to play this summer -- May through August -- down in the Broward County area. I last played in Florida at the Pines outdoor rinks about 7 years ago and have played up in Michigan since then. I was just curious if there are any decent sized, good skill-level leagues anywhere in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach over the summer. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Hey Ryan...I'm sort of in the same boat. I live in broward too. The rink i mentioned in this post has a couple decent leagues but since its getting torn out theyre disbanding. I was thrown out of the A level league for fighting but to be honest they were garbage anyway. Up in lake worth is the only indoor rink left. From what I hear theres some decent leagues up there. I'm not playing because personally I don't care for the drive. As for outdoor leagues honestly I couldnt tell ya. I dont know many people down here and havent really met many in the inline circle.

I think now is the time to take up ice. I'm planning to in the near future. 1) Inline leagues are disappearing like never before and 2)ice is so much more fluid and enjoyable to skate on, less wear and tear on the body, IMHO.

Thanks for the info guys. Yea BigDipper, I'm in the same boat and not sure if I'm ready to drive up to Lake Worth at this point.

It's too bad the inline game seems to be dying out down there. I'm going to talk to some of the guys I still know from playing ice and roller down there and see if they have any insights. If anything promising develops I'll keep you posted.

gxc999, I grew up playing ice and agree with you on skating and fluidity, but I also enjoy the differences of the inline playing style and its wide-open offensive elements. I was hoping for some inline to a) change it up a bit and b ) not spend close to $30/game, which seems to be the going rate to play in a beer league at Pines or Incredible.

Again, thanks and let me know if you guys find out anything further. I will do the same as I'm really itching to play.

Haha the WPPO rinks...good times.

haha, that echoes my sentiments exactly.

I'm actually an ice hockey player. I had tie ins with a whole bunch of ice leagues but honestly, I'm not paying 500 for a 14 game season. I think it's ridiculous. Also the A level leagues down here are full of young guys that think there's a contract to be signed. Running around trucking guys. I had my fun in the sun with that garbage and I'm too old for that shit now. Back home hell, I was spending 600 total and playing in three different leagues with 20-25 game schedules. It atrociously expensive down here to play. Outright criminal if you ask me.

Thanks for the info guys. Yea BigDipper, I'm in the same boat and not sure if I'm ready to drive up to Lake Worth at this point.

It's too bad the inline game seems to be dying out down there. I'm going to talk to some of the guys I still know from playing ice and roller down there and see if they have any insights. If anything promising develops I'll keep you posted.

gxc999, I grew up playing ice and agree with you on skating and fluidity, but I also enjoy the differences of the inline playing style and its wide-open offensive elements. I was hoping for some inline to a) change it up a bit and b ) not spend close to $30/game, which seems to be the going rate to play in a beer league at Pines or Incredible.

Again, thanks and let me know if you guys find out anything further. I will do the same as I'm really itching to play.

Haha the WPPO rinks...good times.

haha, that echoes my sentiments exactly.

I completely hear you about the price issue. It's mind-boggling as to why ice is 3-4x more expensive than inline...